New in for Summer

Hello again! I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny was out of town all weekend helping a friend move, so I had a chill Friday in, and went to a winery with friends on Saturday. That was SO much fun, it's one of my favorite things to do in the summertime, and I'm glad that it's still an option while restrictions are still relatively tight here in Virginia. Yesterday, I had a brunch picnic with some friends to celebrate our friend being home from Florida where she works. I hadn't seen her in forever, maybe a year!

So once again, my shopping addiction has gotten the best of me. I've picked up a bunch of great affordable pieces for summertime recently, so I wanted to share them!

  1. White jean skirt: I've become a denim skirt convert over the past few years, so I had to have a white one too. I have a different white one but it has a raw hem and is slowly getting shorter with every wash. This one is a much more appropriate length, and I'll probably even be able to wear it to work. 
  2. Gingham skirt: You know when you see a piece of clothing that just SPEAKS TO YOUR SOUL? That was this skirt for me, I HAD to have it. It's SO beautiful for work or anywhere, and has a matching jacket. 
  3. Tie-waist shirt dress: This dress is SO much better than I could've ever imagined it would be, especially for the price! It's thick enough not to be see through, 100% cotton, and super flattering. It also comes in pink and white stripe, a chambray version in a couple different shades, and an eyelet version in a bunch of colors. 
  4. Stripe shirt dress: To me this dress just screams "beach vacation!" I wish I had a beach to wear it to! I got it in my usual size small, but it runs absolutely HUGE. Luckily the waist is drawstring so I can make it work, but I'd recommend sizing down 1-2 sizes if you order this one. 
  5. Floral chiffon dress: This dress is just so airy and lovely! It reminds me of something a fairy would wear. I'm hoping it works out for me because it's taken FOREVER to ship and since sold out. 
  6. Floral maxi dress: You may recognize this dress from this post, and if you do then you know how much I love it! It's not amazing quality, but SO beautiful for the price. I can't wait to wear it all summer long.  
  7. Eyelet shirt dress: I was looking for an easy throw-on, work-appropriate white eyelet dress, and when I saw this one was coming up for sale in one of Target's designer collaboration collections, I knew I had to get it. I thought for sure it would sell out, but it's still in stock! I can't wait to see it in person. 
  8. Puff sleeve dress: I'm all about puff sleeves, and I couldn't resist this cute dress. Black dresses are a blank canvas that you can style pretty much however you want. I wore this one this weekend to a vineyard with a black knotted headband and tortoiseshell mules. 
  9. Eyelet midi dress: This was a complete impulse purchase, I bought it without even trying it on.  When I got it home and put it on, I absolutely fell in LOVE. Most midi dresses I only find flattering when worn with heels, but this one just looks so effortless and pretty even with flat sandals. Such an easy throw-on-and-go dress, plus it also comes in ivory and coral. 
  1. Crocheted ruffle blouse: I know we've all seen shirts like this for years, but I've never actually had one. I snagged this one on a great sale and I'm looking forward to wearing it with denim spring through fall. 
  2. Gingham jacket: This jacket matches the skirt I talked about above and it's SO beautiful. Either piece would be beautiful on its own, but I'm so excited to wear them together to really have a neo-Jackie O moment. 
  3. Ruffle popover tank: I thought this would be a great basic to pair with skirts to wear for work, and I was right! It comes in several colors, I'm considering getting the black version too. 
  4. Virginia tee: I have to admit, an Instagram ad got me on this one. But can you blame me? I LOVE MY STATE! Comfort Colors tees are the best, and this dusty blue is one of my favorite colors to wear. The people who run the company are so nice, too! The first shirt I got had a sharpie stain on it that had rubbed off of the packing slip, so I emailed them asking if I could mail it back for a replacement, and they had the shipping label for a new one scanned into the system literally in less than ten minutes, and told me to keep the damaged one. I highly recommend them! 
  5. Puff sleeve blouse: This doesn't look like anything special from the photo, but it's such a beautiful feminine staple. The material of it is slightly structured, so it's going to be great to wear with skirts to work. 
  6. Cocktails tee: Graphic tees are the window to the soul, so you know what was on my mind when I ordered this one. 
  7. Flag sweater: I have wanted this sweater for years and I finally got it! It's an Americana classic, and will never go out of style. I want to clarify that I did NOT buy it retail, I got it secondhand, which I highly recommend. There are tons of vintage options available on sites like Poshmark and eBay at much better prices. Plus it's more sustainable! 


  1. White heeled sandals: This is my favorite style of dressy shoe to wear during the summer, and I needed a white pair since I wear my black and nude pair so much. This particular pair needs some breaking in, but they're so cute! I love the extra chunky heel and slightly squared toe.
  2. Pink heeled sandals: Did I need a pink version too? No, but I wanted it. Just imagine it with the gingham suit! There you go. 
  3. Air Max 90's: I have been lusting after these shoes ever since they came out a couple of years ago. Nike Air Max 90's are my very favorite style of sneaker, but I didn't know at the time this particular colorway (referred to as the "south beaches" or the "watermelons") was only released in men's sizes. LUCKILY with my size 9 foot, I can fit in some smaller men's sizes, and Kenny was able to snag these for me on eBay! They fit perfectly in a men's 8, so keep that in mind if  you're a larger-footed lady like me.  
  4. Oversized sunglasses: My favorite sunglasses of all time are my beloved (sadly discontinued) Celine Tildas, and those babies are huge (I always get made fun of when I wear them, ha). Well, these $10 Amazon sunglasses have them beat in the size department. These babies are HUGE! The ideal hangover or airport sunglasses, and super cheap. The Tildas are still my favorites, but these babies sure pack a punch. 
I hope your week is off to a great start!

xoxx, Laura

No comments