Apple Harvest Celebration

Happy Monday! Kenny and I had a wonderful fall fun-filled weekend, it was perfect!

Hat (similar) | Vest | Shirt | Skirt | Boots

We started the weekend off by going to see Joker at one of our favorite local theaters. We were going to get dinner beforehand, but the restaurant we wanted to go to was having live music and it was deafening, so we settled for gelato for dinner (a win in my book). I liked Joker, but it wasn't my favorite movie ever. Joaquin Phoenix did a great job at the role, but I typically don't enjoy more serious movies like that.


Saturday, we headed to one of our favorite fall festivities, the Apple Harvest Celebration at Showalter's Orchard! We go every year and it's always a good time. I used to enter their apple pie competition, but they don't do it anymore! Obviously, I still bought a ton of apples to bake one or two for Kenny and my parents.
 




They always have a bunch of local food trucks at the festival, so for lunch we got some steamed buns from Mashita, which we've been wanting to try forever. We got tofu and mushroom and they were so goooood!


Of course you can't go to an apple festival without some hard cider...


And cider slushies! They're seriously our favorite part, we look forward to them every year. We also got some mini cider donuts. I normally don't like donuts, but theirs are so delicious and cute.


It was an apple-filled day, ha! Bite me?


We found a little nest on the ground that was the perfect size for a tiny apple, so obviously I had to place the two together for pic. Don't worry - it definitely wasn't inhabited by anything and people had been walking over it all day or I wouldn't have disturbed it.


Sunday, we just hung around and had a lazy Sunday for the most part. It was rainy and cold, so we got a lot of cleaning done and I cooked some vegan pumpkin chili which was super yummy.

I hope you're having a great week so far, and get excited for Wednesday because I'm going to be sharing wedding photos and vendor details, eek!

xoxx, Laura

No comments