Trend Spotlight: Camel Coats

Can a classic wardrobe staple also be a trend? I say yes! Today I'm giving camel coats the spotlight, because while they're a wardrobe classic, they also seem to have been having their moment every time the weather has cooled down the past few years. Camel is a shade that will always be in style for fall, especially during the transitional season, and I will always be on board for it.

The downside of dressing for cold weather is that often your cute outfit has to be covered up by a more practical layer. The best way to remedy that is having a well-fitted coat that enhances your outfit rather than masking it or clashing with it. Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for a good statement coat, but a good quality, neutral that fits you like a dream will serve you for years to come, and a purchase that you will definitely get your money's worth out of.

Fashion Jackson
I wanted to feature Amy Jackson of Fashion Jackson first because she truly is the wardrobe staple queen. Her Instagram is the best, a lot of what she wears can be considered a capsule wardrobe, with an abundance of great neutral pieces that go with everything. If you search 'camel coat' on her blog, you'll get tons of other styling inspiration.

Gal Meets Glam
Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam is one of my all-time style icons, I consider her the millennial Martha Stewart. She is so classic and incorporates trends into her wardrobe in a subtle and wearable way. She even has her own clothing line!

Hapa Time
Macy Stucke
Grace White
Brighton Keller
Kendall Kremer
Ralph Lauren
Sasha Simón
Now that you're adequately inspired and on board with camel coats, let's take a look at some of my favorites available right now!

  1. Wool-blend dad coat: A good wool or wool-blend coat will last you many years, provided that you keep the moths away from it!
  2. Double breasted three-button: The cut of this one is gorgeous, and you don't see the three-button style every day. The pocket detail is classy, and the pockets are functional!
  3. Felted:You can't beat a good tie-waist.
  4. Wool blend: I love the stand-up collar on this one.
  5. Peak lapel double breasted: This one is my favorite! I love the sharp angles of the lapels.
  6. Tie belt: This one is a good blend of wool and polyester so it will be warm and feel high quality, but have the benefit of the durability of synthetic fibers. 
  7. Car coat: This one is gorgeous, and if you're tired of camel, it comes in five other colors.
  8. Pocket coat: If you're over the tailored look, this one has a nice boyfriend fit and also comes in gray.

I hope you have a great weekend! Kenny and I have some fun fall plans as our FIRST weekend home as a married couple and I can't wait! I'm taking him to see the Joker tonight so I hope it's good! We're going to one of our favorite theaters that has recliners (and serves WINE!) soit'll be fun regardless.

xoxx, Laura


No comments