Trend Spotlight: Velvet

Happy Monday! It's a pretty rainy, cold, gross Monday over here, but I'm making it through! 

Now that we've covered plaid for the holidays, it's time for my next favorite holiday style trend... Velvet! There's something so simultaneously cozy and glam about it; it can be used to spice up more casual pieces, or really add elegance to an already fancier piece.

Clearly I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites... But that's all good because there's SO many good pieces out this year.


  1. Cowl neck top: I'm starting things out on a casual note. Adding velvet to loungewear? DREAMY.
  2. Blazer: I always love a fun take on a classic, and this is such a good one! you could wear this throughout the winter months, but it's especially fun for the holiday season.
  3. Wine wrap dress: I've mentioned many times that anything in the maroon/burgundy realm is my favorite color to wear, so it's no surprise that this caught my attention right away! The wrap detail is beautiful.
  4. Cowl neck dress: I love the conservative cut of this one; it's perfect for parties, church, and even work.
  5. Kimono: I love the way this is styled on the model! I also think it'd look great over a leather mini skirt or LBD.
  6. Slip dress: A slip dress will never go out of style, but they're really having their moment right now. I love this rich emerald shade, and it also comes in black.
  7. Gunmetal wrap dress: There's something edgy about this shade, which makes it perfect with combat boots like on the model! Perfect if you're wanting to dress up and down at the same time.
  8. Puff sleeve dress: I'm so into puff sleeves at the moment, I think they add such a chic detail to an otherwise understated silhouette.
  9. Jumpsuit: This is just fabulous, I could see a cabaret singer rocking the stage in this!
  10. Bodysuit: I've never been a bodysuit type of girl, but this one is so pretty! I love the soft gray shade, and the fact that it will always look nicely tucked.
  11. Headband: If you haven't read by now, I'm obsessed with this headband! It's so flattering and great for days where your hair is a little dirty.
  12. Hair Bow: I HAD to have one of these, I think hair bows are just adorable at any age so I'm glad that they're having a moment right now.
  13. Bow pumps: Are these not THE most beautiful heels you've ever seen??? Major Eloise at the Plaza vibes.
  14. Ankle strap heels: This is one of my favorite style of shoes to wear, and I LOVE the embellished buckle detail. I featured the pink since they're so fun, but they also come in classic black.
  15. Skull loafers: These were a Christmas present to me from me a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love them! They run about a half a size large in my opinion, and honestly they're not that comfortable to me, but dang it they're beautiful.
  16. Midi skirt: This skirt is adorable on its own, but what make it even better is that it has a matching tank.
  17. Pencil skirt: What can I say, I'm a skirt girl. This one is modest enough for church or work, but the slit adds interest.
  18. Jeans: Jeans are one thing, black jeans are a level up, and VELVET black jeans are a whole 'nother level. Perfect for any time you want to take basic black trousers up a notch!
  19. Velour joggers: Last but not least, velvet joggers. I tried these on before convincing myself that they were completely unnecessary, but GOSH were they dreamy.

I hope your week is off to a great start! Kenny and I are going mattress shopping this week, and *hopefully* finding a new one. Mattress shopping is so overwhelming! There are so many options, I feel like I can never do enough research and will almost certainly end up with the wrong one haha.

xoxx, Laura

No comments