October Favorites

Happy November! Did you celebrate Halloween yesterday? Did you dress up? Did you hide inside in the dark with the candy and ignore the doorbell? I wanna know! The weather here was borderline abysmal, but Kenny and I still dressed up as a dead bride and groom because I had everything planned and I wasn't about to miss out on my chance to force Kenny to wear makeup and match me! Come to think of it, the weather on Halloween last year was bad too. Kenny and I dressed up, took photos, and got right back into comfy clothes. 😂 The best costume we've ever done together was Ina Garten and Guy Fieri back in 2016, I don't think we'll ever top that.

Despite how busy October was, I wouldn't say that it felt like it flew! All of the wedding stuff took a lot of time and energy, and then after that, Kenny and I have been trying to have as much fall fun as possible! October is our favorite month together. We got together in October and our relationship grew throughout the fall, so it's always been a special time for us.

As is tradition at the beginning of each month, I'm sharing my favorites from the month of October. I didn't think I'd have very many since it was such a busy one, but it turns out that I did! Some fashion, some makeup, and some random things. Hope you enjoy!


  1. J. Crew square neck tees: These tees are so great for tucking into a skirt or pants for work, or jeans for the weekend. The square neckline is a classy take on a regular long sleeved tee, and the material is nicer than your usual tee material. I got one in black and white, and my mom loves them too!
  2. Funnel neck sweater: I have not. stopped. wearing. this sweater! I've seriously worn it 5-6 times in the first couple of weeks I've had it. It's cozy and is so effortlessly chic with black jeans and accessories.
  3. Suede boots: These have become a wardrobe staple for me. I've had the same Sam Edelman riding boots for almost nine years (buy well, buy once!) and they've been great, but I wanted a heeled tall brown boot. These are beautiful, comfortable with the block heel, and go with everything.
  4. Velvet knot headband: I got this head band because I had seen so many people wearing similar ones and loved the look, but didn't know how I'd like it on myself. It is SO cute! I love the texture of the velvet,
  5. Maybelline lipstick in Nude Nuance: This is my favorite lipstick of ALL TIME. Yes, I'm serious! I fell in love with it several years ago in college when I started getting more into makeup, and I've never found another shade that I like more on my skin tone. I even wore it for my wedding. I think the formulation of Maybelline lipsticks is great, many of my other favorite shades are from the brand. The best part? It's only $5. You can't beat that!
  6. Block Heels: These have quickly become a workwear staple for me. I usually wear heels to work, but the pairs I've had for a few years now needed replacing. I opted for these block heels and they're much more comfortable than standard stilettos, plus I love the silhouette of these.
  7. Too Faced Pumpkin Spice Palette: Advertising totally got me on this one, but I don't even care! I typically prefer cool-toned eyeshadows, but I've been loving playing around in the warm oranges in this palette for fall. It's pumpkin spice scented which is gimmicky but fun. The set also comes with an eyeshadow brush and a lip gloss which I could take or leave, but it has a full size Better Than Sex mascara too, which is awesome.
  8. Sea breeze cocktail: This is ALL I DRANK when Kenny and I were in Aruba together, it's so refreshing and good! It's a simple cocktail that's easy to make, and it will always remind me of our honeymoon.
  9. Our photographers: We worked with two photographers this month, and I loved both of them. By now you probably know about our wedding photographer Wild Heart Films. They are so so awesome and I can't wait to work with them again. I already have anniversary photos on the brain! The other photographer we worked with was Moments by Quinty in Aruba for a honeymoon shoot. I got the idea to do a honeymoon photo shoot and found Quinty through Instagram, and I'm so glad I did! She did the best job, and Kenny and I love our photos. 
  10. KENNY! Obviously my HUSBAND is my most favorite thing of the month! My friends have asked me if it's sad now that the wedding is over, and it is a little bittersweet, but a whole lot more sweet than bitter. It's better to be married!

I'm off work today handling the joy that is changing my last name (Social Security Office, DMV...), and then this afternoon, Kenny and I are off to DC for a concert! Hopefully I can squeeze in a manicure somewhere in between, too. I hope you have a great weekend!

xoxx, Laura

No comments