Trend Spotlight: Holiday Sparkle

Every fashion-loving girl knows that there are three occasions where you can douse yourself in sparkle and no one will look twice at you: Las Vegas, your birthday, and the holidays. Most specifically, New Year's Eve. Firework shows are fleeting, but a good sequin piece delivers "oohs" and "ahhs" all night. And with the decade ending this year, we've gotta go all-out more than ever.

I've compiled all of the most showstopping sparkly pieces from around the internet, and HERE THEY ARE, just in time for New Year's Eve! The selection right now makes me with there was more than one NYE so that I could wear all this good stuff.

  1. Rose gold pleated midi skirt: I used to be so against midi skirts, but now I've bought in. This one is so gorgeous for winter glam when you don't want to be fully exposed to the elements in a mini skirt. 
  2. Silver midi skirt: Want to be a walking disco ball? This is the skirt for you! It also comes in black, blue, and gold if the silver is too much.
  3. Sequin leggings: While I've never owned a pair of these, I've seen them on bloggers for the past few years and I think they're just fabulous. They have great reviews, and they're 50% off right now!
  4. Silver pants: These give the term "party pants" a whole new meaning. Can you even?? These would look great paired with a bodysuit, or my personal preference, a front-tucked cozy sweater.
  5. Silver tiered skirt: This is a beautiful skirt for New Year's Eve, but the light silver shade makes it great for any season in my opinion. The tiers are so fun and flirty.
  6. Tie-waist blouse: How pretty is this copper shade? I think this blouse is just beautiful in every way, it would look great with some coated denim.
  7. Cheers sweatshirt: I can't resist a good seasonal graphic tee or sweatshirt, and how cute is this one?? You could dress it up or down and it'd be just as pretty either way.
  8. Shimmer blouse: As soon as I saw this blouse, I had to have it for the holiday season! I wore it to work for the first time yesterday and got a bunch of compliments. The photos online don't do it justice, it's SO beautiful in person. I like that it's understated enough to wear to the office, but still super fun for wearing to festive events.
  9. Rhinestone headband: GIRL... THIS HEADBAND. It's a splurge for me ($30 for a hair accessory??) but omg is it beautiful. It's like a tiara for the everyday princess (me).
  10. Champagne earrings: I have a pair of Kate Spade champagne bottle earrings from a few years back that are so much fun, so I had to find a similar pair to put on this list! They're definitely frivolous and silly, but who can resist ANYTHING champagne-themed for the holidays??
  11. Jeweled mules: After wearing Badgley Mischka shoes for my wedding, I caught a sickness. These are from their more budget-friendly "Jewel" line, and I fell in love as soon as I saw them. I HAD to have them for all of my holiday events, and they're much prettier in person. They come in both a champagne and a silver glitter shade, which would both be great wedding shoe options!
  12. Glitter heeled sandals: This style of heel is one of my favorites to wear, I find them super flattering and comfortable with the block heel. I LOVE this glitter version, especially for if you're celebrating the holidays in a warmer climate! They come in yellow gold, rose gold, silver, and rainbow, PLUS they're only $33 at full price. I'll take one of each, please.
  13. Batwing maxi dress: Of everything on this list, this is the ultimate showstopper in my opinion. The fabric, the sleeves, the neckline, the slit... BOOM!
  14. Fringe midi dress: If this doesn't scream "trophy wife" then I don't know what does. I mean, it's BRONZE! If you're more of a skirt type of lady, it also comes in a skirt version.
  15. Tie-waist dress: I've been seeing dresses similar to this all over Instagram this holiday season, and I LOVE it despite it being everywhere. You could wear it for years and it'd still be just as showstopping.
  16. Fringe duster: How cool and unique is this?! I love throwing dusters over any ole outfit to make it more fabulous, and this is the epitome of fabulous. Currently stocked in both rose gold and black.

I hope your Wednesday is going great! I have a half day of work tomorrow and then I'm off for the year! I'm excited to get all of my Christmas gifts wrapped. Luckily, Kenny's mom got me tons of Christmas wrapping supplies as a gift for my bridal shower so I have everything in that realm covered!

Tomorrow and Friday I'm gonna be in full-on baking mode. Every year, I provide a few hundred cookies for a luncheon that volunteers host at our local Elks lodge after delivering boxes of food to local families in need. I'm planing on making eight different kinds, so I've gotta get moving!

xoxx, Laura

No comments