Decking Your Tiered Tray for Christmas

For my bridal shower, I was gifted a galvanized tiered serving tray. I wasn't quite sure what I'd do with it, but I loved it nonetheless. I'm sure many of you have some sort of tiered tray stored in your pantry, and only get to use it for the occasional get-together that warrants an impressive multi-level display of cupcakes or charcuterie.

I hated to think that my tray would spend most of its life in storage, but luckily when I finally got around to organizing everything after the wedding, inspiration struck: I could fill the tray with seasonal bits and use it as decor! My original tiered tray inspiration came from Amanda Marshall of Pardon Muah, I saw her fill hers up with cute things for fall and absolutely loved it. Upon further investigation, Pinterest has tons of fun inspiration for filling tiered trays with seasonal decorations for the holiday season.

My tiered tray ended up being one of my favorite holiday decorations, so I wanted to share my tips for creating the perfect I can't wait to curate more items to fill it with for other seasons, especially fall!


See Kenny on the couch in the background? Hehe!


The hardest part of putting the tray together was getting enough things to fill it with, it takes a surprising amount of stuff to fill it. Most of this stuff I got in the Target dollar section, the dollar store, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's. I'm linking some trays and filler ideas below!


Filler ideas:


Step 1: Lay the foundation

Placed the larger items first to begin organizing the layout. I first set out the mugs and candle, filled up the mugs with chocolates, candy canes, and the little baking utensils.

Step 2: Arrange medium-sized items

Once the larger items are placed, arrange all of the medium-sized things. I set out all of the bottle brush trees, and planned where I wanted the mini signs to be.

Step 3: Add filler

Fill in the spaces between the bigger pieces with your smaller "fluff" items. My filler consisted mostly of pine cones, ball ornaments, and jingle bells. I filled in all the spaces between the mugs and trees and things, to stabilize everything and to help support the trees which are very lightweight and easily knocked over.

Step 4: Top it off 

Once the tray is almost filled, add any of the finishing touches. I adjusted the little signs, added the snowflakes, and wrapped the trays with the sparkle wire.


Behold, the finished product! I have to admit, it took me a couple of weeks to finally get this baby *perfect.* It takes more stuff to fill it than you might think! But it was so worth it in the end, I think it looks so good and I can't wait to break it out year after year, as well as fill it for other holidays and seasons!

Be sure to pin these photos for future reference, and send me your photos if you create your own tiered tray decoration!

xoxx, Laura

No comments