Collared Chic

This post contains commissionable links.

Dress (similar, similar) | Bag (larger version, similar) | Shoes (also here, similar, similar, similar, similar) | Sunglasses (also here, here) | Candy necklaces

Happy Monday! I'm back today to share an easy breezy summer look compiled of simple pieces that you can mix and match all summer long. I recently got this dress on major sale, it's a great throw-on-and-go piece and prettier in person! It's true to size but runs a wee bit short, I'm 5'6" and wouldn't wear it if it were any shorter. I also love this similar version from one of my favorite retailers - the pink shade is so nice!



I bought this bag in-store right before taking these photos and Kenny said I should wear it because it popped - I agree! I'm a sucker for a raffia bag and this is a nice statement piece. It's structured and has a zipper closure at the top. It comes in a slightly larger size, too.


I love my lace up espadrille wedges - I'm wearing them as we speak! I have the Soludos version (I sized down 1/2 size per reviews), but I'm linking a bunch of other options below.



If you made it this far in the post, I have the WEIRDEST story for you about something that happened the day I took these photos... maybe the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me! I had a return to make at Marshall's, so Kenny and I were up at the front of the store about to do some browsing right after I got done at the register. Apparently there was a super loud bang (I didn't notice it but I don't know how! Kenny and other shoppers heard it.) 


Within moments, this man and woman emerged from an aisle yelling at each other and asking for someone to call 911. Both of them were claiming that the other had pushed them. The woman seemed more worked up than the man, who was very calm and saying that "if they checked the tapes they'll see what really happened." This all happened within a matter of seconds, and then I noticed that the woman had a serious GASH on her chin/jaw, like a GAPING WOUND gushing blood. I have never seen such a thing! Having no idea what had happened and seeing everyone else standing around like WTF, I was like "Do you want me to call 911??" and they both said yes, so I dialed. I had never called 911 before! 


They continued arguing and the woman started taking her hand and flicking her blood off of her chin and onto the man which covered the front of his WHITE shirt! It also got all over the floor and some got on me including my FACE which was absolutely vile! I did get some on my dress but luckily it washed out and none got on my shoes. 😂 


Police and an ambulance showed up very quickly and got both of their stories. They handcuffed the man immediately but let him go a few minutes later. We'll never know what truly happened, but apparently the woman had been in the man's way and when he asked her to step aside so he could pass, she got hostile with him which led to her injury (she hit her chin on a shelf), which seemed to be her fault - I think she actually fell while trying to get physical with him. I wish we could know what actually transpired because it was SO weird.

Anyway, that's my weird story for your Monday. 😂 I'm headed back from Savannah today and can't wait to start working on my trip recap, so you should see that soon!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments