April Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


I am just elated that we are now in May! The weather is FINALLY getting warm and Kenny and I went to a country concert over the weekend, so it's summer now as far as I'm concerned! I have some good favorites to share from April, so let's get into those!

    1. Raffia headband: Y'all know if there are two things I love to wear, they're headbands and raffia accessories, so this $9 headband was a no-brainer. It's very comfy and doesn't give me a headache.
    2. OPI Strawberry Margarita: This was my nail color for April and I loved it! I actually think it faded a little bit over the weeks (I get gel) and I liked it even more by the end. 😂
    3. Tanologist drops in extra dark: I have been tragically pale my whole life, so self-tanning products have been my BFF since middle school. I've mentioned the Tanologist drops several times over the past few years, they're my current favorite fake tan product because they're low maintenance, customizable, and don't require rinsing. The extra dark shade is newer, I take a bottle of dark and and extra dark and mix them for my perfect custom shade.
    4. Station bracelet: I've been loving station jewelry lately but not enough to splurge on the real thing. This $15 bracelet from one of my favorite Amazon sellers is so cute! I measured it to the length I wanted and cut off the additional extender links so that they don't hang down.
    5. Vintage/estate jewelry: All of my favorite jewelry is vintage and estate jewelry. The pieces are so much nicer and less expensive than "current" fine jewelry, and you know your pieces are unique! I buy much of my estate jewelry locally, but my favorite online retailers for vintage jewelry are TheRealReal and Etsy - my most recent find has been this garnet and peridot flower necklace, which has special meaning to me because those are my mom's and my birthstones! 
    6. Bezel heart earrings: I wanted some interesting gold studs to layer in my second piercings, and these are beautiful! They'd be great for little girls too.
    7. Straight jeans: I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of jeans for quite a while, and for the moment these are the ones! These are the boxes that they check for me: high-waisted, full length, true denim with just a touch of stretch, and the perfect medium wash. They have the slightest bit of distressing at the hems, so they're casual but not sloppy. They're true to size, and I purchased them in my regular size 2 as well as a 4 in case I want a more relaxed fit for tucking in sweaters. They're under $50 full price, but often go on sale - I got mine for $35!
    8. Drinks: I have three different drinks that I've been loving this month, so I'm combining them into one item on my favorites list! First up is the new Liquid IV flavor, grapefruit. I love trying their new flavors and this one is a winner! Next is the tropical mango Gatorade Fit flavor - it's so refreshing! Number three is the new Alani Nu flavor, orange kiss - I think it's my new favorite flavor!
    9. Sea Breeze hand soap: My mom always has seasonal Michel Design Works hand soaps all over my parents' house, and I love seeing which ones she has out whenever I'm over there because they're like little decor pieces! I've never had them in my home because the scents can be hit or miss, but I love all things nautical so I couldn't pass up the Sea Breeze one, and the scent is fresh and wonderful! They're more expensive online, check your local TJ Maxx or Home Goods for them because that's where my mom always get hers!
    10. After Sun perfume: I ordered this fragrance blind because it was on sale, and I was SO pleased with how much I love it! I gravitated toward it because it has a green tea note which I usually love (other notes include aloe vera essence, French cantaloupe, cardamom absolute, aqua di colonia, ozone, tonic water, minibar gin, resort towel plush, and open weave linen). It's extremely fresh and a great year-round scent, not just for summer! My only critique is that it doesn't have great longevity, so if you're wearing it be sure to throw it in your bag so you can reapply.
    11. Watching: Kenny and I have been in a major show rut for the last few months! I just started re-watching Bloodline on Netflix, which is a favorite of mine. The only new thing we've liked has been Baby Reindeer (also on Netflix), which is based on a true story about an English man and his female stalker.


I hope you've had a great week so far! Mine has been busy, but I'm cutting it short tomorrow to head on a trip to Savannah with Kenny tomorrow! I am SO looking forward to it, we love Savannah and haven't been in a few years. I'm excited for a warm weather getaway, and we are staying in a different spot downtown than we have in the past which I can't wait to check out!

xoxx, Laura

No comments