Trend Spotlight: Girly Tweed


Preppy, classic style has become increasingly more mainstream this year, and I am so here for it! One thing that I have noticed a lot of is tweed jackets and skirts, which are some of my favorite pieces to wear as we move into fall. They're great pieces for the office that are very conducive to layering, but also easily dressed down for a classy casual look. Today I wanted to share my favorite tweed finds (many of which are on major sale!) for my fellow office gals and my weekend-chic ladies alike.


I just ordered this skirt and cannot wait to style it - it's much prettier in person! The pattern contains a mixture of navy, black, white, and beige so it will be very easy to mix and match. There's a matching jacket that I want too to make it a set! There's also a dress in the same line that you could pair the jacket with as well. 


Speaking of sets, this deep magenta jacket and skirt are just STUNNING, and the perfect cranberry shade for a fancy Thanksgiving outfit! On the more neutral side of things, I just love this fringe-detail skirt and jacket set. It reminds me of things my mom used to wear when I was a kid - in the BEST way!

If you're an office lady like me and in need of some fall workwear inspo, I highly recommend a tweed dress like this one or this one! They're so chic layered over a fun white blouse or slim-fitting turtleneck for a girly business-casual combo. Add your favorite heels or some tights and boots to wear it into winter.

Tweed is a great way to incorporate a pop of color into an otherwise neutral outfit - this berry blazer would be great piece to throw on over a neutral dress or even with plain tee shirt and jeans and some cool jewelry (might I recommend a candy necklace for the 1,000th time? 😂)

I love this collared jacket for something more casual - I would style it just like the model with a turtleneck and jeans, plus my favorite leather sneakers!

I hope you're having a great week! I've been super busy at work lately but have a fun weekend planned, so I'm looking forward to it even more than usual!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments