September Favorites



Just like that, we've made it to October! October is always one of my favorite months, Kenny and I always have a packed social calendar - this week is both our anniversary as well as Kenny's birthday, so we've got a lot going on! I've also finally moved into the acceptance phase of fall so I can fully enjoy it without constantly mourning the departure of summer. 😂 Bring on the beautiful leaves! I have a fin list of favorites to share today, so let's get into it!

    1. Peridot earrings: Peridot is my birthstone and I've really come to love it in recent years - I used to think it was so ugly! I wanted some simple peridot earrings and my mom got me an oval cut pair for my birthday, and I had no idea they had a story  behind them! My grandmom used to work for a travel agency and she and my granddad went on a lot of trips. My granddad has since passed and my grandmom lives in assisted living, so my mom spent a lot of time this summer cleaning out their house. Way back in a dresser she found an envelope with two loose peridots and a garnet (my mom's birthstone) that they had bought on a trip no doubt for my mom and me, and never done anything with! My mom had the peridots made into earrings for me and it makes them SO special knowing that my gradnparents had gotten them for me back in the 90's. My grandad loved giving special gifts and had custom jewelry made for my grandmom over the years, so I know he'd be happy knowing that my mom had the earrings made after finding the gems in storage. Anyways, thanks for humoring me with that story!
    2. Pumpkin mug: This mug is only $5 and super cute, which makes up for the fact that it is not the most practical mug on the planet. 😂 The shape makes it prone to dripping when you take a sip, but like... it's sooo cute!
    3. Le Labo Thé Matcha 26: My friend Sydney introduced me to this fragrance and it is SO nice, unlike anything I've ever worn! It's a little heavy and carries well, the notes include matcha tea accord, creamy fig, soft vetiver, cedar woods, and bitter orange.
    4. Tazo Zen tea: If you like Starbucks' iced green tea you're familiar with this one - I love it much more than plain green tea because it also has spearmint and lemongrass. I've been drinking it a lot lately and "cold brewing" it in my fridge - just stick a teabag in a glass of water and refrigerate it for several hours or overnight and you have the perfect iced tea!
    5. Scrigit: This is such a silly little tool, but so useful! I think I've included it in a favorites post before but I wanted to mention it again because I get a lot of use out of it. It's basically a little picking tool that you can use to do things like removing stickers from glass. I keep my nails manicured and I am as gentle as possible with them, so these tools have really come in handy for helping my manicures last!
    6. Pink apron: I'm somewhat of an apron collector and I love the Williams Sonoma aprons, they're adjustable and great quality. Kenny got me this one for my birthday and I think the pink shade is so fun!
    7. Tinted mineral sunscreen: I love trying out new face sunscreens and this one is my newest favorite - it's a mineral sunscreen with some added tint which is nice because it counteracts the white cast that mineral sunscreens tend to have.
    8. Denim dress: This dress is currently sold out, but I'm linking it anyway in hopes of a restock! It is seriously SO NICE and I have worn it at least six times now since getting it (I'm wearing is as I write this post)! I have been very impressed with Walmart's Free Assembly line in general, and I check their new arrivals periodically looking for my next hidden gem.
    9. Hi-Chew: I'm a big fan of Hi-Chew, and Kenny and I have been trying a bunch of new flavors lately! I've been keeping them in a candy dish at our house for when I have a sweet tooth and they're the perfect little treat!
    10. 10oz Yeti in Cosmic Lilac: I have a friend who always keeps me updated on the newest Yeti colors (thanks, Amanda! 😂) and when she saw the new Cosmic Lilac color come out, she knew we'd both need it. I chose the 10oz tumbler because I have another one that I use a lot - it fits in a cupholder and it's the perfect size for a Nespresso coffee, or a heavy pour of wine.
    11. The Housemaid: My friend introduced me to Frieda McFadden and recommended I read The Housemaid first and I really liked it! It's an easy read "thriller" but not scary - I look forward to reading the sequel!
    12. Watching: I feel like I've gone from having no shows to watch to having a million all at once! Kenny and I saw two movies this past month that we liked, Bottoms which is a comedy that I LOVED, and Dumb Money which is based on a true story of a guy who took GameStop stock "to the moon" back in 2020. On Netflix, I've been loving the new season of Love is Blind as well as the follow-up episodes from the last season. I also enjoyed the new season of Selling the OC. On Hulu, I've been enjoying the latest Kardashians episodes as always, and also the new season of American Horror Story which features Kim K. in a really funny role that pokes fun at a lot of things that she has dealt with in her real life and career. 


I hope your October is off to a great start, have a great week!


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments