The Need for Tweed


IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE I am in that yearly outfit rut between winter and spring where I am so sick of winter clothing, but it isn't warm enough to transition to my spring and summer things! I've found myself gravitating toward my tried-and-true neutral wardrobe staples, and this outfit is the epitome of that!


This tweed jacket is a classic wardrobe staple that I have been loving styling this winter! At just over $100 it's a bit of a splurge, but a great price for a quality tweed piece. I followed the size guide and ordered an extra small and it fits perfectly. I want the cream one next!


These jeans are some of my favorites - they're from the Old Navy "Power Slim Straight" line and this particular style is sold out, but the Power Slim Straight jeans are the perfect straight jeans in my opinion. They're VERY hit or miss (materials and sizing vary greatly from pair to pair), but when you find a pair that works for you they're amazing.


I have a few of these striped boatneck tees in different colors and they're great for tucking into jeans and skirts and also layering under jackets and sweaters. If you're buying your first one, I recommend a navy and white striped one!


I LOVE the style of these cap-toe slingbacks, but I cannot recommend them for comfort or practicality purposes.😂 They pinch my toes in a major way even though the toe box isn't overly tapered, and the heels aren't very high. Another critique I (and online reviewers) have is that the heel straps are too long - they slip off very easily, so I tape mine to my heels with garment tape. If you dare order these, get them a half size down - I did that per the reviews and my usual size would've definitely been too large.



I hope you're having a faaaabulous week! I've been trying to pick a baby shower gift for some family friends today and I am struggling! I always want to gift practical things when it comes to wedding and baby showers, but I simply don't know much about babies, ha! I'm sticking to the registry though, so I guess I can't go wrong. When Kenny and I got married I was always confused when people strayed from our registry and got us completely random useless or ugly things, that's why I always stick to the registry!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments