Monday Chit-Chat

Outfit linked here


Hi! Today I thought I'd do a good old-fashioned blog post and just chat about my weekend, because it was a fun one! On Friday, I worked til noon and then my mom and I went to King Family Vineyards. We tried to go one day last summer but it was ridiculously crowded with the University of Virginia back in session, so we waited until this summer before most of the students were back to go, and it was absolutely lovely! There weren't many people there at all, and we sat in some Adirondack chairs under a tree in an area away from the patio, and it was so nice.



We both did tastings (they said they're having a glass shortage so we each only got one real glass 😂) and enjoyed all of the wines we tried, which surprised us because usually there are some winners and some more "meh" options with tastings. I was the most surprised by their Chardonnay, because I'm not usually a huge fan of Chardonnays, but theirs was very unique. I had already had their Crosé a few times and it's my favorite rosé I've ever had! After our tasting, we went back for a glass and we both chose the brut, because you just cant' beat a glass of bubbly on a hot summer day!

They have a polo field at the vineyard, so we watched some players practicing, and we also saw a wedding rehearsal go down, as well as a bridal party taking photos for a wedding that evening. I love weddings, so I loved seeing the bride and her bridesmaids! The bride also took portraits with what we assumed was her horse, they brought the horse in in a trailer and adorned it with a flower lei-looking piece around its neck, and it was so sweet to watch them together!



After the vineyard, we rode around Crozet for a while and stopped into a couple of cute places that we'd never been to. Our first stop was Ivy Store which was such a cool place! It's a plant nursery with a cute little shop inside. There's a specific plant that my mom's been looking for this summer but it's been hard to find because they apparently get pretty much bought up in early spring. She ended up finding a ton of them there, at a third of the price that most places sell them at!



I didn't get any plants while we were there, but I couldn't leave without the cutest little framed gilded four leaf clover. It was just calling my name! I thought it would be the perfect little thing to add to my desk, and it is!

Our next stop was at Greenwood Grocery, which was an adorable little gourmet grocery store with SO much wine and cool culinary finds. They serve sandwiches, which looked amazing.



On our way home, we stopped at a grocery store in search of the new honeycrisp Bold Rock, and we found it! We also found Bravazzi hard Italian sodas which my friend recently recommended to me and are SO good, you have to try them if you see them! I also grabbed a four pack of vodka cranberry Coastal Cocktails which I haven't tried yet, but I'll report back!

When we got back to town, I picked up some of Kenny's and my favorite Chinese food and brought it home for us to eat during the new Love Island episode! Kenny has had a really bad cold (not COVID, thank God!) and was out of commission all weekend, so I spent a lot of time out running around and hanging with my parents and brother.

On Saturday, my brother invited me to lunch at a new place in town with my parents and his girlfriend, so I went and we really enjoyed it! I felt bad that Kenny couldn't come because we've been wanting to go together, but we'll go once he's feeling better! After lunch my brother was going to get a new phone, so I ran some errands and met back up with everyone afterwards. We pretty much just hung out all afternoon, then my dad made Reuben burgers for dinner (Beyond for me 😉), which were delish!



After dinner, we played with Monty for a while (she is just a ball of energy these days!) and then I headed home and watched a few episodes of the new season of Outer Banks with Kenny! I friggin LOVE Outer Banks, probably because the Outer Banks is my favorite place on earth (even though the show is nothing like the actual place), and anything related to treasure hunting always fascinates me! Also, the kids in the show are just SO cute, they're such a good reflection of a group of good friends and I love that.

Spiced Cardamom: Super spicy, warm, and homey


On Sunday, I headed to Bath and Body Works for a major fall candle haul (review forthcoming) because they were on sale and I had a coupon, and I also realized it was tax-free weekend. You know I'm the #1 person to prolong summer as long as possible so I'll be banishing them to the back of my closet until the weather cools down, but I couldn't pass up getting a good deal on my favorites!



After that, I went over to my parents' and made a bunch of salsa because I have a really good recipe from my BFF's brother-in-law, and my dad's coworker gave him a ton of tomatoes from his garden that needed to be used. My mom ended up canning it so we can enjoy it throughout fall!

After salsa-making I ran some errands with my dad, and then we came back and played with Monty some more, and then I headed home. Kenny and I basically had a repeat of our Friday night (Outer Banks, Love Island) and I made some nachos for us to enjoy with my homemade salsa! I love a good junk-food-for-dinner night, and it was the perfect way to round out the weekend! 


I hope you had a great weekend! It feels like summer is already slipping away, and I'm determined to enjoy every last minute of it! 


xoxx, Laura

No comments