July Favorites


I seriously cannot believe it's already August! Summer always flies by, and by the time we make it to August I feel like it's slipping right through my fingers. Kenny and I have a September Outer Banks trip planned, so I'm super looking forward to that to prolong my summer! Summer is my favorite season, and the Outer Banks may just be my favorite place! Speaking of favorites, let's talk about my favorites from July!

    1. Adidas Swift Runs: These sneakers have been popular for years, but I just recently got my first pair and I get the hype. They're just good comfy, basic sneakers that I wear with athleisure outfits. I never recommend Adidas or Nike sneakers for impact workouts, but I think they'd be suitable for low-impact exercise.
    2. Rattan belt: I bought this under $10 rattan belt on a whim before my last trip to Charleston and Savannah, and I've worn it more than I thought I would! I've been wearing it with shirt dresses by swapping it for the tie belt that they usually come with. It's easy to adjust and it's stretchy, which makes it comfortable when sitting even if you have it fastened snugly around your waist.
    3. Smart Sweets: You've probably seen these on Instagram or at your local Target, but they're basically low-calorie "healthier" gummy candies. They're definitely not exactly like most gummies (some are stickier, some are chewier), but they're great for squashing a sweet tooth (I like bringing them on road trips!) My favorite ones are the watermelons, the peach rings, and the gummy worms.
    4. Nike hat: I wanted this hat a while back but talked myself out of it because the last thing I needed was another baseball cap. BUT THEN I forgot to pack a hat to a recent trip to Williamsburg that Kenny and I went on, so I used that as an excuse to get one because I needed a hat to wear outside at the pool. I love the fit of Nike hats, so you really can't go wrong with any of them. I have this same one in black and white.
    5. Nespresso coffees: My all-time favorite Nespresso coffee, Kawaha ya Congo, is back in stock! They only offer it once a year as far as I know, so I stocked up on it. I've also been liking the tropical coconut iced pods for summertime, and Kenny especially likes that flavor! Rather than brewing it over ice, I usually brew it into a cup, let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours, and then fix it up how I want it and add ice. 
    6. Heart signet ring: My favorite Etsy everyday jewelry shop (Don925) strikes again! Their pieces are affordable and SUCH nice quality, and they ship quickly from Brooklyn, New York. This is my third ring from them, and I love all of them. I had this ring and another signet ring resized because I had to guess on my sizes, and they both look great. I love wearing both of them on the same hand!
    7. Rosie by Rosie Jane: I know I talk about a lot of perfumes on Shenandoah Sugar, but I haven't been this excited about a perfume in a long time! I truly can't describe it, it just smells like skin and I love it so much. The notes are rose, nude musk, and vanilla, but I wouldn't describe it as floral or sweet at all. I would describe it as a slightly fresh nude musk, although "musk" makes it sound heavier than it is. You really have to smell it! My mom even loved it so much she got it too, and she never feels that strongly about fragrances. I could never commit to one single signature scent, but if I did, this would be it! Another perfume I've been liking is Clean Warm Cotton. It smells straight up like laundry detergent and it's SUPER strong, so you only need a spray or two. I like wearing it on a comfy clothes, no-makeup day after I shower to feel extra clean.
    8. Ice roller: I've been seeing people raving about ice rollers for years, and I always thought they were kind of gimmicky (I still do)... BUT, my friend brought one to her wedding back in June and let me use it, and I ordered one for myself and one for my mom right away! It's supposed to help with puffiness and lymphatic drainage among other skin benefits, but I just like the refreshing feeling of it in the morning after washing my face. This particular ice roller is pretty large, so it's also good for soothing sore muscles, too. I like that the roller is removable so it's easy to clean and sanitize.
    9. Off The Eaten Path veggie crisps: These caught my eye at Costco a couple of months ago while I was hungry-shopping (big mistake) and I am now addicted to them. They're super crispy and very lightly salted, so they're a satisfying thing to munch on before dinner.
    10. Watching: I'm in the middle of a lot of different shows right now! First and foremost is the current US season of Love Island, which has new episodes almost every night. I'm also loving season 2 of Too Hot to Handle, although Kenny and I are taking that one slow between Love Island episodes. I started Cruel Summer on others' recommendations and I love that one too. I kept getting ads for the new Dr. Death show which is a dramatization of the Wondery podcast, and I'm enjoying that in a very sick-minded way. It's pretty heavy when you put yourself in the place of the patients/victims! Lastly, I've been keeping up with the new episodes of Gossip Girl each week! The original Gossip Girl is my comfort show, and I love it even though it's not necessarily a "good" show haha. I wasn't expecting to love the new iteration of it, but I actually do so far! 

 
I hope you've had a great start to your week! I had another long weekend and took a mental health day yesterday to rest and get my house cleaned up, and I'm so glad I did. I'm very grateful to work for an organization (and bosses) that prioritizes and encourages work-life balance. 


xoxx, Laura

1 comment

  1. Thanks for sharing these great tips, I have saved the screenshots, very helpful!

    pre style wig

    ReplyDelete