Trend Spotlight: Bike Shorts

I bet you thought Kim Kardashian brought biker shorts to the mainstream, right?

Image via
Image via
WRONG, it was Princess Diana decades ago! The other day I saw a compilation of photos of her in biker shorts and it really sparked my interest in the bike shorts trend that's been taking off the past couple of years.

Image via
Image via
I'll be honest, when bike shorts started getting popular, I wasn't a fan. I thought they looked silly, and seeing people dressing them up with blazers and heels kind of made me laugh. But like with many trends, the more I saw it, the more I liked it. And with warm weather rolling around and the stay-at-home order sticking around, the bike shorts trend has excited to spice up my athleisure wardrobe. I'm all for the athleisure looks, and that's the beauty of bike shorts: you can wear them from the streets to the gym and back.

Let's take a look at some of my favorite bike shorts outfit inspo! I prefer athleisure looks to the dressier ones, so that's what it's all about today. Plus let's face it, who's dressing up these days anyway?

Image via
I love the monochromatic look of this outfit.

Image via
And of course, you can't go wrong with all black!

Image via 
I'm a major fan of the front tuck, so I'd definitely rock this style.

Image via


It's easiest to style bike shorts with sneakers in my opinion, but I like this outfit styled with sandals too.

Image via
High waisted bottoms + cropped top = classic combo.

Image via
Personally, I love them with an oversized top.

Image via
One of my favorite things about a bike shorts outfit is the ability to show off your sneakers. How cool are these?

Image via
I'm not the biggest fan of pattered bike shorts, but I love this look! They're a fun way to add interest to an outfit without going over the top with a pattern or color.



After seeing enough outfit inspiration to fall in love with bike shorts, I set out to find some of my favorite pairs. There are tons of styles available at an affordable price point, so anyone can dabble in the trend, or full-on rock them!

These are my personal favorites, I ordered them in black and I want another pair in white. They're only $20 and super good quality, plus they come in a bunch of colors. I've been styling them strictly for athleisure, but they do pass the squat test in black and have lots of good reviews.

I also LOVE this hot pink pair, how fun?! Even though they're loud, I think they'd look good with a bunch of different outfits.

These sheen-y ones are also beautiful, especially for those of us that love faux leather leggings in the colder months. I also think they'd look nice dressed up with a blazer and graphic tee if you like the dressier look.

I hope you had a great weekend! Saturday was my dad's birthday, so I made him a cake and my family had a nice walk together and cooked dinner. The weather was pretty nice here this weekend, but I'm looking forward to when its consistently warm and beautiful! I know that getting outside is what's helping a lot of us through this strange time.

Have a wonderful week!

xoxx, Laura


No comments