One Month of Roxy

As of last weekend, Kenny and I have officially had Roxy in our lives for one month! During her first month with us (her fifth of life), she has learned a lot and we have LOVED being her besties and getting to know her sweet little personality!

Sweater | Jeans | Headband | Coin necklace (similar) | Paperclip necklace

The timing of adopting Roxy could not have been better - she has been SUCH A JOY to have around during this strange time and while Kenny and I have been working from home! She plays a lot and spends most of the workday snuggled up right next to me. I know she's loving having us home all the time, too.


We love this little girl SO MUCH! I wanted to share some updates from her first month with us, basically as a thinly veiled excuse to share a bunch of photos of her and show what an absolute DOLL she is.


One of the cutest things she's done (which I have videos of but no photos) is play FETCH! She's so cute, she'll bring us one of her bee toys and sit there and wait til we throw it for her, and she'll bring it back over and over again. Even if we throw it poorly, she'll always find it and bring it back. She is so smart!

Another random thing that I love about her is that she likes eating treats! My childhood cat wouldn't eat treats, which was so disappointing to me as a kid, ha! She's also highly interested in human food too, and always tries to sneak a taste of anything we're eating.



We've had TONS snuggling the past month, Roxy's snuggly nature is what drew us to her in the first place! She's such a love bug, we could not love her more.


She is so dang sweet and likes being held, especially by Kenny!


I love catching her with her tongue out, it's so funny!



Obviously as a cat, she takes tons of naps. She is so cute!




One thing she is obsessed with is faucets/drains. Whenever we turn the sink on, she comes running! She always sits with me while I wash dishes, and is fascinated by the shower too. I tried to teach her how to wash dishes for me, but no luck with that so far. I truly think she would't mind a bath if I tried to give her one. She gets wet in the sink all the time and doesn't seem to care.



As cute as she is, she can also get crazy! A couple times a day, she runs around and around with no obvious goal. She is so funny! She also loves exploring, and has found a way to get pretty much everywhere. If we ever can't find her, she's surely hiding in some nook or cranny somewhere.

She's also lost some baby teeth while we've had her! I'm not sure how many, but I noticed at least two missing. Kittens begin losing their teeth at around three months old, so she's been right on track with that. I was hoping to find one of the ones she lost like a crazy cat parent, but no luck!


We've drunk plenty of wine together too, or at least I've had wine while she sits with me. Same thing!


I really want to turn her into an adventure cat so that she'll come on walks with us, so I got her a harness and leash! I also just want to be able to acclimate her to the outdoors without just setting her free since we live in a heavily trafficked area.

So far she really doesn't know how to act wearing her little harness, she stands there stiff when I put it on her, and falls over all dramatically. 😂 Sometime's she'll walk or jump if she's motivated, so I know she can do it! She just needs to get used to the feeling of the harness.

Our first walk consisted mainly of her being carried, but it was a walk nonetheless! She definitely enjoyed being outside, but I think she was glad when we got home too.


So far she likes experiencing the outdoors best through the protection of a window. 😂

She has also spent more time around my parents' dog, Riley, in the past month. She's very careful not to let him get too close to her, but they're both quite interested in each other and I think they could become friends one of these days. Fingers crossed!



She's been a very helpful assistant while working from home these past few weeks, even if it's just been for moral support! Who could resist that face?!



She's also discovered her natural-born instinct to love boxes! I knew she'd learn one day.


She looooves the sunshine! During the second half of the day when the sun is streaming through our bedroom windows, she loves stretching out on the floor and napping in the warmth. She even found this tiny triangle the perfect size to sit in one morning!


Last but not least, she is very curious and loves to cook with me. I tried keeping her off the counter but it was hopeless, so she's just my little sous chef now!



I hope you enjoyed a Roxy update and a dose of kitten cuteness on a Friday! Stay tuned over on my Insta stories for a lot more Roxy, I can't keep the camera off of that girl! 


xoxx, Laura and Roxy

No comments