5 Best Candles at Target Right Now


Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed your extra hour of sleep yesterday! Personally, I hate the fall daylight savings. It makes me feel like my day is spent when it gets dark so early, and I never get used to it by the time it switches back again in the spring! It is what it is though, basically I'm going into semi-hibernation and I'll see you back in full force in the spring.

One of the GOOD things about the impending winter is that we have more of an excuse to burn cozy candles. It feels like Bath and Body Works gets most of the shine when it comes to peoples' favorite candles, but Target has lots of really great options as well. Today I'm highlighting my five favorite candles that you can get there right now, some of which are seasonal, and some are permanent.


1. Pink Magnolia: This one has been around forever, and for good reason. It's perfectly fresh and slightly floral. The key notes are magnolia, currant, and jasmine. 2021 update: This candle seems to have been discontinued! I'll keep checking back for it and re-link it if I see it come back.


2. Leather & Embers: This scent will get you through winter with crackling wicks and notes of oak, saffron, and leather. It comes in a 14oz 3-wick version and a 9oz single wick version.


3. Autumn Harvest: I mentioned this one as one of my favorite fall candle scents, it's spicy but light and a tiny bit sweet. It comes in a 2-wick 25oz version, a 2-wick 15oz version, and a single-wick 4oz version. It's only available during the fall, but they bring it back every year!


4. Fireside: This is a super cozy scent for winter with notes of woods, pine and clove. It's a good one for when the holidays are over but the weather is still cold. 2021 update: This candle is currently unavailable, but  the Smoked Woods fragrance from the same line smells similar!


5. Cranberry Patchouli: This is my favorite Target candle. It's similar to my ALL-TIME FAVORITE CANDLE, wine cellar from Bath and Body Works. Don't be turned off by the "patchouli" element if you're not into that; I'm not either and I don't smell it at all.

2020 UPDATE: 

It's a new year, and I'm back with more Target candle favorites! These are scents that have carried me through quarantine and working from home, and I've purchased them multiple times!


Crystal Flora: This isn't your average floral fragrance, it's so much more. Super fresh and inviting, the notes are bergamot, floral, and lemon, although it doesn't necessarily smell citrusy in my opinion, just fresh. It reminds me of how a cute boutique in Charleston, SC would smell. Great ratings, too!  


Tobacco Cedar: This is a great scent for fall and winter, and men love it, it's one of my brother's favorites. It's very woodsy and cozy-smelling without being overwhelming. It's a good scent for after the holidays when you've exhausted all of your pine and cinnamon-scented candles. 
 
2022 UPDATE: 
 

Salt: The Hearth & Hand line is full of amazing candle fragrances, but Salt is my favorite (and my mom's favorite!) It's fresh and homey, and neutral enough to burn year-round in any room of your home.

That's it, baby! Let me know if I'm missing any hidden gems, I'm always out for a good candle! 

xoxx, Laura

No comments