Fall, Don't Leaf Me

Happy Fridaaaay! It feels like it's been a really long week, I've had a lot of errands going on and then after the time change, I'm all thrown off.

The fall leaves are past peak here in Virginia, but that doesn't mean we're not still enjoying some beautiful foliage. This tree is near our apartment, and Kenny called me the other day and said he got inspiration from it and we HAD to go take photos with it. And everyone knows that when your husband suggests taking photos of his own free will, you don't argue.

Sweater (H&M) | Jeans | Hat | Boots

Let's talk about this outfit - I thought it went so well with the gorgeous leaves! The sweater is from H&M but I couldn't find it online, so check your local store for it if you like it! It's not a color I ever thought I'd wear, but I went to a concert recently that had a "gold-out" dress code, so I got it for that and ended up loving it! Jewel tones are the colors that look best on me, and I guess topaz falls into that category.  


I've also been loving this hat this fall! I got it to replace a floppier version that I've been wearing for the past couple of years. I got it originally in black, and I love that one just as much. It has a little drawstring inside so if you have a smaller head like I do, you can tighten it to fit perfectly. It's from Amazon and super affordable, but I've had issues with the shipping. The black one I have came packaged just fine in a box, but I had to reorder the brown one three times before I got one that wasn't stuffed into a box or paper bag that was way too small, so it came completely crushed. The one I ended up keeping was still a little smushed, but I didn't feel like exchanging it again so I just did my best to reshape it.


I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say that everyone needs a pair of these boots. Yes they're "basic," but they're the best for any wet or snowy weather in the colder months. I even wear them with dresses and skirts sometimes. I have the Thinsulate-lined ones, which I highly recommend getting if you live in areas where it stays below freezing during the winter.

About my laces - I followed this tutorial several years ago to tie them up so that I can just slip the boots on and off. Doing it DESTROYED my fingernails, but they've never come undone, and it's way easier to be able to slip them on and off, especially if you need to wear them for just a quick trip out to the mailbox.


Just layin in the leaves... hoping there's no slugs under me.


On Monday, I'm heading to LAS VEGAS for a work conference! It's gonna be sad traveling without Kenny, but I'll be back late Thursday night so hopefully it'll go quickly. I've never flown alone - I've also never flown at all before this year, but this will be my fourth plane trip of the year, which is crazy! It's gonna be weird experiencing Vegas for the first time for work, but hopefully I'll fit in some fun touristy stuff (and shopping...) while I'm there.


I hope you have a great weekend! Kenny have a date day in store for tomorrow, and I'm hoping to fit in trying a new Sally's Baking Addiction French silk pie recipe at some point. We're celebrating my brother's birthday on Sunday and that's his favorite dessert, so it'll be perfect.


I'm going to try to blog as usual while I'm in Nevada, so I'll see you back here on Monday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments