Aruba Honeymoon Photo Shoot

As of last week, Kenny and I have been married for a month! And what a month it's been. Also one month ago, we were in beautiful, sunny Aruba on our absolutely dreamy honeymoon. 

One of the my favorite things we did on our honeymoon was to get together with a local photographer for a photo shoot. I originally got the idea for a honeymoon shoot when I announced on Instagram that we were going to Aruba and started getting engagement from Aruba-based photographers. How fun would it be to get newlywed photos in an island paradise?? I set out on Instagram to find the perfect photographer for the job.

Many of the photographers were good, but their editing style was a little dated, with heavy saturation and obvious flash. Then, I came across Quinty of Moments by Quinty Photography and knew she was our girl. Her photos are light, airy, and romantic, with just the right combination of candid and posed.

Aside from getting some sweet photos of Kenny and myself in a beautiful setting, I also thought that doing the photo session would be a good way to get away from the resort and see more of the island. Quinty gave us a few options of places that she likes to shoot, and we chose Boca Catalina because it looked like it has the widest variety of cool settings.

We could not be happier with how the photos turned out! Quinty did such a good job, to please both me AND Kenny with photos is no small task. 😂 It was SO windy while we were out there, and you can't tell from the photos! And believe me, my hair keeps very few secrets.








 



























Quinty was such a joy to work with, I would love to shoot with her again! She is actually originally from the Netherlands but has been living in Aruba (which is part of the Dutch Caribbean) for the last year and some change. She's heading back home to the Netherlands in the next couple of months, and I know she will have great success as a photographer there too! She is friendly, fun, and knows just what to tell you to do to get a cute result. Plus, she only promised us 10-15 edited photos, and delivered us more than 30!

I hope you're having a great week so far! I'm holding it down in Vegas at a conference for work, but I can't say I wouldn't rather be in gorgeous ARUBA! I mean, can you blame me?

xoxx, Laura 

No comments