Trend Spotlight: Palm Print

Okay so I know that spring just started... but I've got summer on the brain year-round, it's just my favorite. I won't apologize! One of my favorite summer-centric trends is palm print, and I love it on pretty much anything. Heck, I even throw it into my home decor.

Having freshly booked a trip to Palm Beach this July with my four besties from elementary school (we go WAY back, these girls are the realest), I thought that highlighting this year's new palm print pieces would be appropriate. I'm already mentally packing... Be prepared, right Girl Scout?

There are many different ways to do palm print, from more vintage Colony Hotel vibes, to cooler, street chic. I recently purchased this now sold-out skirt as a part of my palm print infatuation, but I wanted to share some other faves I came across along the way.


Dresses

Wrap dress: I love a wrap dress, and this high-low cut is super breezy and fun. I like that this one would go well with flat sandals too, because I feel like a lot of longer dresses only lend themselves to being worn with heels.

Midi dress: The combination of green and pink is just classic, and while its prevalence comes and goes, pieces like this one will find a place in my closet.

Cropped jumpsuit: This jumpsuit is a real statement piece, and PERFECT for a girl's trip (did I mention I'm going to Palm Beach???) It also comes in a yellow version, which is also gorgeous for summer.


Loungewear

Pajamas: Let's face it, Show Me Your Mumu has been running the summer print game for years now, and these PJ's are no exception. Every bedtime/morning routine is more fun in adorable pajamas!

Lounge set: I'm not much for crop tops, but how cute is this set?! I think it'd look awesome styled with a panama hat, cool shades, and sneakers for a fun day out.

Leggings and sports bra: With a set like this, who needs the gym?! I'm off to better things, like dodging confused looks from the Target employee who's seen me four times in the past three days!


Swimwear 

Pink one piece: Mumu does it again! This suit is a little pricey, but it's sure to be a favorite for years.

Coral one piece: Target does it again! Affordable, trendy swimwear is something you can always count on Target for, and for $30, how could you not?

Bow one piece: How CA-UTE is this bow suit?! I like that it's pretty modest, and the cut seems functional rather than just fab.

 Accessories

Heeled sandals: These are everything! Neutral enough to match a lot of outfits, but fun enough to serve as a statement piece with an all-white ensemble. I should've added this to my raffia sandal trend post!

Resin earrings: Back to my resin earring obsession from this post. I just can't get enough!

Bandana scarf: I'm in LOVE with the bandana scarf trend. While square scarves are seriously living their best moment right now, I do believe they're classic pieces. I love that you can use them as headbands, bag accessories, belts, and pretty much any other way you can think of.

Brooch: How cute is this?! The word "brooch" probably makes you think of some osteoporotic old lady getting helped across the road. But brooches are hot right now! You don't need to drop $500+ on a Chanel one, I think any style you love is just as good. I love the look of a brooch on a denim jacket, pinned to a straw hat (or beanie in the winter, depending on the style), on the corner of a collar or lapel, or pretty much any other way you can find on Pinterest.

That's it from me today! I hope you've had a great week, mine's been a LONG one, so I'm extra ready for the weekend! Kenny and I are headed back to his hometown for a wedding shower for his family friend, so that should be a nice time. Have a relaxing weekend, and I'll see you back here next week!

xoxx, Laura








No comments