Wedding Wednesday: Wedding Guest Edition

It's Wednesdayyy! And this week I'm coming at you with another Wedding Wednesday post, this time for wedding guest attire. So far, I have THREE weddings coming up this year! I've always heard that your 20's start to fill up with weddings, so I guess it has begun for me. Kenny and I have our first one of the year coming up this weekend for one of his friends from high school, so I'm in the wedding guest spirit.

My hunt for wedding guest dresses actually began when I was shopping for dresses to wear for Kenny and my engagement photos (still pending scheduling on those!) I wanted a more dressy black dress, and while there are SO many LBD's out there, it's hard to decide on one, ha! I decided that I wanted something with a bardot neckline, so I ordered this GORGEOUS black bardot wrap dress that I was obsessed with, but ended up choosing a different more classic style instead (stay tuned for that one once we get our engagement photos taken!) I decided against the bardot dress because it's not really "my style;" I've never really worn anything like it, so I didn't want to do it for the first time for engagement photos, and I thought it might date them over the years. Also, I couldn't really raise my arms in it, which wasn't conducive to whatever may occur during engagement photos, ha. Even though I LOVED the bardot dress, I couldn't justify keeping both dresses at the time due to lack of reason to wear both, I couldn't get that stunning dress out of my mind.

Then, the more wedding save-the-dates I began receiving, the more I could justify reordering the dress (in burgundy this time) to wear to them. I still think it's a gorgeous dress, and an ideal wedding guest dress! It's currently offered in black, burgundy, and blush pink. Burgundy is my favorite color, and conveniently one my best colors to wear for my complexion and hair color. The blush shade is a touch risky as a wedding guest dress since it's so close to white, but it would just depend on the type of wedding you're attending.


So with all of my engagement-photos-turned-wedding-guest dress shopping, I found some gorgeous options. Since the upcoming weddings I have are not black tie, most of these dresses I found are more within the semi-formal/cocktail range. I LOVE shopping formal, floor-length dresses too, and I looked at some of those for engagement photos as well, so I'll probably follow up with a post devoted to black tie dresses in the future! So without further ado, here are my picks!


  1. Tulle midi: How fun is this one?! It's definitely more out there, but would be perfect for the right occasion.
  2. Cape dress: While not floor length, this is definitely on the more formal end. I LOVE cape dresses, I think they're so elegant and classic. 
  3. Pleated midi: I love the pleated skirt of this one, I think it'd be great for any season.
  4. Scuba midi: Is this one not divine?! This one in black was another major contender for engagement photos. I love everything about it, and it comes in a fun light blue mini version as well. 
  5. Trumpet midi: I also considered this one for engagement photos, very "salsa dancer emoji" vibes.
  6. Strapless mini: This one is foolproof; it comes in several colors, but I love the emerald green. 
  7. Tie-strap midi: How gorgeous for a warm-weather wedding?! And maybe vineyard-hopping afterwards...
  8. Floral high-low: This one is just dreamy! It reminds me of something you'd see Julia Engel in. 
  9. Lace fit-and-flare: This was my first choice for engagement photos. I ordered it and LOVED it, but it ended up being too large and had sold out in the smaller sizes! 
  10. Off-the-shoulder ruffle dress: This also comes in light blue and hot pink, as well as a gorgeous jumpsuit version! 
  11. Ruffle mini: I can think of 100 places to wear this little cutie, and a wedding is just one of them. I love the girly ruffles and the sheath silhouette.
  12. Lace midi: Last but not least, how could I NOT include this dress?! This dress was so popular last wedding season, and for good reason! I ordered a white one after we got engaged for wedding festivities!
I hope you're having a great week, this week's going MUCH faster than last week for me. I've been dying for some sushi for dinner, so send me good sushi vibes.

Love you, mean it!
xoxx, Laura

No comments