Stripe Dress Two Ways

Happy Friday, doll! Today I'm styling a classic stripe shirt dress two different ways: into a more casual, athleisure-y outfit, and a dressier outfit. I love versatile, classic pieces like this one

Hat | Sunglasses | Similar Cardigan | Similar Dress | Bag | Sneakers
Outfit One
This is often what you'll find me wearing on any given Sunday, something that's cute and casual, while still remaining somewhat dressy. Enter the VIP: the stripe dress! This is a perfect piece to dress up or down, because it has a more relaxed silhouette, but the material is more substantial than just a tee-shirt dress. My exact one is from H&M last year, but I linked a very similar version (that has POCKETS!) For this outfit, I styled it with a chunky cardigan over top for the still-chilly early spring temps, a "dad hat," and some of my favorite sneaks (don't tell Kenny I mixed Nike and Adidas...) Speaking of the still-chilly temps, don't zoom in, but I'm still wearing hose in these photos! So granny of me, but I can't live without them in the cooler months. This outfit was perfect for constructing my new bar cart with Kenny, and then running some errands around town. P.S. Am I pulling this hat off?? I always feel like kind of a flat-head in baseball caps, haha.

Hat | Similar Necklace | Sunglasses | Similar Dress | Bag | Wedges
Outfit Two
This outfit was the DEBUT of my long-loved panama hat, and I have to say... I'm mad I didn't buy it four years ago when I originally fell in lust with it (read this post if you're interested in my hat journey). I dressed this outfit up with wedges, gold jewelry, and a designer bag, but it's definitely still casual enough for daytime. You could bring it down another notch with a jean jacket either worn, or tied around the waist. The hat gives it more of a "vacation" look to me, and the cute little stoop I took this pictures in front of totally reminded me of Charleston! If you've ever been, I know you agree that the lamp, green door/shutters, and little potted boxwoods are Holy City, through and through. Makes me want a praline or some frosé!

I hope you have a faaabulous weekend! Kenny and I are headed to a wedding tomorrow, so I'm excited to get dressed up and have a fun day together. Also if you were wondering, I DID get my sushi on Wednesday after publishing my desires on Wednesday's post; my mom invited me to lunch right after I posted. The law of attraction, people!!

ILY!
xoxx, Laura

No comments