Syled Shoot

Several weekends ago, I was given the opportunity to "model" (I use that term VERY loosely) in a styled shoot with my wedding photographer. She lives about four hours from me and I had never met her, but she was in town to shoot a styled boudoir shoot for some clients at a local studio and invited me to come participate so that we could meet in person, and so that she could get some extra shots for her portfolio. I was SO excited to meet her and see the setup! The studio had been decked with florals by a local florist, and it was so beautiful. I wore a dress and some jewelry that the photographer (Aubrey of Wild Heart Films) had brought, and we took a bunch of shots at one of the sets!


Here's a good shot of the bed setup!
I also got to dip my toe into some boudoir shots, but those I will NOT be sharing on the internet (ha, sorry!) I can share just a couple PG-rated ones though. One funny behind-the-scenes detail was that the bed used for the boudoir shoot was actually an air mattress styled to look like a real bed, so I was like WHOA when I got on and sunk into it, ha! It was funny trying to balance on it like a real bed.


It was SUCH an awesome experience! Aubrey is amazing, and of course all photo credit goes to her! I am so excited to work with her again for our engagement photos and of course our wedding. 

I wish I could do a styled shoot every weekend, and ACTUALLY that's part of the reason I chose today to share these photos - Kenny and I get to participate in a styled shoot this weekend for a local winery! They're working on becoming a wedding venue, so they're staging an elopement for marketing photos, and Kenny and I get to be the happy couple! If you couldn't already tell I AM SO EXCITED, I've never been to the winery before and it looks insanely beautiful. Part of it is actually a plant conservatory, so it's basically a glass building with gorgeous green plants everywhere. How cool?! The photographer sent me a wedding dress to wear, and she's also going to have some shoes and accessories for me to wear too. She even hired a hairstylist to do my hair for me, am I Kim K. yet?! HA, far from it. But I'll be back on Monday to report on that experience, so I'll see you back here then.

Have a great weekend!
xoxx, Laura

No comments