Bar Cart Inspo

Happy Monday, gorgeous! I hope you had a great weekend, Kenny and I had a pretty eventful one. Saturday we went back to his hometown with his sister to go to a wedding shower that his mom was co-hosting for one of their longtime family friends. After that, Kenny and I ran around town for a while before meeting back up with his mom and sister to have dinner for his mom's birthday which is next weekend.

Yesterday morning, I SLICED my thumb with a paring knife while cutting an apple, which I've never done before, and I slice apples almost every single day! I'll spare you the photos, but it was so gross. And you never realize how much you use the little heel part of your thumb until you have a SLICE down the center of it! After that debacle, I went over to the apartment to meet up with someone who I had sold a rocking chair to (Facebook marketplace, shoutout). It actually turned out to be a lady who had just had her first baby and needed a rocking chair, how cute?! In the meantime, Kenny went to get measured for alterations for a suit he recently ordered, and after that we went to Costco to stock up on some things. Then we grabbed some outfit pics downtown (post coming soon!) and went back to my parents' house where whipped up some veggie burgers and sweet potatoes for dinner. Perfect Sunday!

So now that Kenny and I have our own adorable apartment, I've been devoting all my time there to making it homey and filling the space the best that I can. My mom was a kitchen and bathroom designer for years, and has a great eye for interior design and decorating which I'm so grateful for! We have a perfect little corner of our living room that is just ASKING for a bar cart to be put there.

Clearly bar carts have been trendy for the past few years, but I think they're a great way to fill a corner and display alcohol (or not!) along with plants, fruit, glassware, coffee table books... pretty much anything you want. I just ordered this one with only one review, so fingers crossed it works out! I have a few others that I like if not, but I'm just excited to get to filling mine!

I don't know about you, but I think that wine and liquor packaging is SO gorgeous. I love walking the aisles of the liquor store and browsing the different bottle and labels, so why can't they serve as home decor too?  I also love ease of dressing them up for holidays, they can serve as such a beautiful statement piece if you don't want to go to the trouble of decking ALL of  your halls.

So come join me on my journey of bar cart inspiration today, and maybe get some for yourself!

Image via
I LOVE all the green in this one, the plants and fruit are so fresh and the champagne chiller is such a great touch.

Image via
Any type of greenery is a friend to me, and I think this is gorgeous. While it appears to be natural, I think that a faux garland would serve just as well. I like eucalyptus or boxwood!

Image via
This one is stunning and classic, I like the low-hanging frames above it and the coffee table books the second shelf. And those flowers (Foxgloves? Delphinium? Gladiolas? Help me out here!) Say no more! Kenny have a short, wide print that we bought at Hatch Show in Nashville that I think would go perfectly there. A large frame wouldn't work because the thermostat happens to be on the wall above where I want to put our bar cart, so it works out perfectly.

Image via
Another gorgeous classic, I love the lamp and how it appears to be serving as an side table for a couch or chair. Again, I love the pops of green that the leaf and the limes give, and that cup of long candles is a unique touch.

Image via
 I love how sleek and organized this one is; no fuss, just give me the liquor (preferably that Hendrick's gin!)

Image via
One of my favorite aspects of bar carts is the ease of dressing them up for holidays. Christmas is a given, and it'd be so easy to throw on a string of fairy lights, some pine branches, and call it a holi-day.

Image via

They're also adorable to dress up for smaller holidays that you wouldn't typically decorate for, like Valentine's Day. Just a fun punch of pink in red in one corner of your house that doesn't take away from your overall theme.

Image via
This fall-themed one is particularly gorgeous, and you wouldn't even need the flowers to pull off the same look. Just a pile of pumpkins from the local farmer's market, and you can practically smell the spiked cider brewing.

Okay, after all of this inspo I'm so ready to start decorating my bar cart! Stay tuned for a reveal once it's done!

xoxx, Laura

No comments