Trend Spotlight: Holiday Plaid

Besides all things glittery and sparkly, nothing screams holiday fashion to me more than a good plaid piece. I love sporting plaid all winter long, but something about tartan during the holidays seems extra festive. I'm sharing some of my favorite plaid pieces for the holidays out right now, and I'm so in the holiday spirit! 


  1. Blackwatch bow heels: These may just be the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen. I mean are you kidding me?? The plaid, the block heels, the BOW... I die.
  2. Tartan pumps: Can't you just see these with a sleek all black outfit? I love them, and they'll be in style every single season.
  3. Slippers: These are perfect for Christmas morning or just lounging around the house. I almost always have my fuzzy slippers on at home, and these are so fun.
  4. Headband: I just HAD to have this! Many times I don't find headbands flattering on myself, but the knot-top style suits me, so I'm all in.
  5. Vest: I love an all black outfit, but sometimes it just needs a little something. This would be perfect over a black sweater and black jeans!
  6. Scotch Flannel: I've had this shirt for a few years now, and it's the perfect flannel! It's good quality and my ideal plaid, although it also comes in several other color combinations.
  7. Cabin fever sweatshirt: Graphic sweatshirts are just so cute, I have a hard time resisting them! I think this one would be adorable with a flannel underneath.
  8. Buffalo plaid wool skirt: J. Crew Factory does a version of this skirt every year and it's so good. I have one that I've worn for at least three holiday seasons so far, and it always makes me feel so festive!
  9. Blackwatch skirt: I LOVE blackwatch plaid for winter. I have a similar skirt to this one, and it always makes me feel so refined and preppy. 
  10. Tartan scarf: I got this scarf for winter and I love it with an all black outfit. You can never go wrong with a classic plaid scarf! This one is perfectly oversized, I like to wear it as a shawl over a dress. 
  11. Tartan monogrammable scarf: I wanted to include this one too because it's monogrammable!
  12. Flannel pajamas: Nothing is more "Christmas morning" than the perfect pair of plaid pajamas! 
  13. Sleep mask: If you've been reading for a while now, you know that I can't live without a sleep mask. This one would make a great gift with a nice robe or some face masks! 
  14. Flannel shirt dress: Another classic blackwatch item; I love flannel dresses for more casual occasions where you still wanna rep your holiday spirit. 

I hope you're having a great week so far! Mine's seemed really long already after having time off last week; my coworker and I are already counting down until we're off for Christmas! Clearly I'm already in the spirit...

xoxx, Laura 

No comments