November Favorites

Happy Monday! I'm (regretfully) back at work today after a nice long week off. Overall I had a wonderful break, but it ended on an extremely upsetting note with the passing of my Granddad on Saturday. He is the smartest, most wonderful man, and truly the most interesting person I've ever known. I will miss him endlessly, but I know that he's never truly gone; I'm so grateful for getting to have spent my whole life living 15 minutes away from him and spending countless holidays, birthdays, meals, outings, and school functions together. So many kids grow up far away from their grandparents (or without them), and never get to know them very well, and I know I am so so blessed to have been able to grow up by his side hearing his stories.

Staying busy and keeping my mind on happier things has been what's helped cheer me up, so let's talk November favorites! There's a lot of food on the list this month because let's face it... a girl loves her food.

  1. Chloe L'Eau: I have a select few very favorite perfumes in my collection, but for some reason I was itching to find a new one to add to the mix. I tested this one in-store a few times, and it grew on me more and more. Finally, I had to have it and it's one of my new favorites. The top notes are lychee and grapefruit, followed by rose absolute, magnolia, and moss, and ending with a cedarwood essence, musk, and amber base. I think the fruit, and the rose and magnolia are the most prominent; most of my favorite perfumes contain a combination of fresh fruity and floral notes.
  2. Garden of Life vitamins: Back when I started dabbling in the vegetarian/vegan world, I was a little shocked to find that most of the common brands of vitamins contain animal products. I did some research and the Garden of Life brand and was really impressed with the specs on a lot of their products. After taking a sports nutrition in college, I've become very picky about only buying high quality vitamins because of the loose regulations surrounding the American supplement industry. Their women's multivitamins are vegan, non-GMO verified, gluten free, organic, and made from whole foods. I'm a little inconsistent with taking my vitamins, but November has been a good month! 
  3. withSimplicity face masks: Speaking of all natural, organic ingredients, how about these masks?? They're from a beauty and skincare product line based in my very own downtown Harrisonburg. withSimplicity is a female-founded and run company whose mission is to provide high-performing, toxin free-products; "beauty without compromise." I was gifted the "Renew & Retain" and "Lumi-hance" masks, and they're just lovely. I love that they both come as a powder so that you can mix them up yourself each use so that they stay fresher longer. And the best part? They ship their products! So whether you live in town or across the country, you can enjoy their products no matter where you live.
  4. Vegan breakfast burrito: Sometimes, you only have time for a frozen burrito for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner). Luckily, the availability of healthy and quick meal options is becoming greater and greater, so it's usually easy to find some things to have in stock for when you're in a rush. I like the Sweet Earth brand because all of their products are vegetarian, many are vegan, and they're really unique and delish. This breakfast burrito of theirs is my my favorite because it's vegan, protein-packed, and who doesn't love a breakfast burrito?
  5. Brittle Nut Medley: My mom and I have been ADDICTED to this stuff for the past several years; it's seasonal we seek it out every holiday season. It's impossible to stop eating if you're a salty-sweet lover like we are. Pro tip: they put it on clearance after Christmas, so stock up! 
  6. OPI "Just Lanai-ing Around": This has been my nail color all month long! It's a gorgeous deep mauve that's perfect for fall, but would be beautiful all year. 
  7. Tea of Good Tidings: A friend of mine turned me onto this tea years ago, and it's the perfect "holiday" tea. I'm more of a coffee lover than a tea lover, but this is perfect tea for the holidays with winter fruits and spices, and a black tea base. I take it with a little hit of stevia or honey. 
  8. Mint cocoa almond milk creamer: I love the Califia Farms brand, and this is one of my favorite products of theirs. I'm typically a black coffee drinker, but during fall and Christmas when seasonal products are out, I can't resist the fun creamer flavors that come out! This one is delish for a healthy version of a peppermint mocha at home, and I like it much better than their pumpkin spice flavor - that one's to chai-y for me. 
  9. 14 Hands Hot to Trot: I got this on a whim at Costco the other day after enjoying other wines from this brand, and this is a great red blend! It's a little bit of everything, not sweet but not super dry, and goes well with a lot of foods.
  10. Urban Decay "Amulet": I've lusted after this shade for years, and finally snagged it when I found it on a great sale. The listing states that it's a brick rose which I think is the perfect description of the color. It has a frosty finish which may sound very 90's, but it's not overly shimmery. I think it's perfect for the holidays or everyday. 

I'm going to love you and leave you today, I hope you've had a great start to your week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments