August Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


I say this pretty much every month, but I TRULY cannot believe that August has come and gone! Apparently it went by so fast that I couldn't even come up with 10 favorites like I normally do. 😂 My collage looks kind of sad, but I promise I have some good stuff to highlight! 

    1. OXO mandoline & cut-resistant glove: Have you guys been on cucumber salad TikTok?? I cannot get enough! I had asked for a mandoline for Christmas and hadn't found a reason to use it until now, but I've been making tons of cucumber salads with it now! It's also SO easy to slice onions with it, and I foresee myself using it a lot more now that I've gotten over my fear of cutting myself with it. 😂 If you have a mandoline, you NEED a cut-resistant glove to wear when you're using it - just the other day, my friend wasn't wearing hers and sliced her pinky!!
    2. Raffia headband: This headband is the perfect summer accessory, and it's currently on major sale for under $10!
    3. Kewpie roasted sesame dressing: I saw Leigh Ann Says recommend this and I had to give it a try! It's super savory and yummy, as well as versatile - I like it as a stir fry sauce, marinade, or a salad dressing (especially on a cucumber salad!) I'm linking it here so you can see what it looks like, but look for it at Costco to avoid the crazy Amazon price markups.
    4. Flat silver chain: I spotted a chain like this at a local estate jewelry store and passed it up, but regretted it! Luckily my mom snuck back and got it for me as a birthday gift! It's a simple piece that makes a statement with the gorgeous flash effect of the thick, flat chain.
    5. Target tennis skirt: I love a tennis skirt, and my favorites are from Target. This season, they have a "game day" collection that includes a ton of different college colors so you can rep the pieces to all of your favorite college events! I got this skirt in plain white for every day and purple to wear to JMU games - go Dukes! I was in between sizes, but opted for the larger one for a bit of extra length. 
    6. Tennis dress: I had been on the hunt for a long sleeved tennis dress, and this one from Old Navy is perfect. It's true to size, comes in "tall" length (which is what I opted for) and it DOESN'T have built in shorts, which I prefer - I wear these underneath so that I still have coverage and it's easy to use the bathroom. I also tried and loved this one, but opted for the Old Navy one since I could get it in a longer length.
    7. Chiswell sparkling rosé: My family and friends and I visited Chiswell winery on my birthday, and this was our wine of choice! It is SO good and perfect for a celebration, I highly recommend trying it if you get the chance!
    8. Michael Kors small Townsend bucket bag: I've had this bag on my wishlist all summer, and my sweet husband gave it to me for my birthday! Michael Kors is not necessarily a hot brand right now, and I think they're getting overlooked! They have some great high quality neutral bags that don't have much branding, which I think is what instantly cheapens a look. This bucket bag has a hang tag which I removed, and I think it elevates the look immediately!
    9. Watching: Kenny and I haven't had any new shows to watch lately, so we started 30 Rock which neither of us had ever seen. It's really funny and the episodes are short so it's easy to watch one or two before bed! I have also been working my way through the latest season of Love Island US - luckily I haven't seen any spoilers yet! 


I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny was out of town, so on Friday I had a fun girls night with my brother's girlfriend. My parents went on a quick trip from Saturday to Sunday, so I laid low and looked after their kitty cat. SADLY today I am back at work! My employer is very generous with holiday time, but we never get Labor Day off for some reason! I can't complain, but I will anyway. 😂 For those of you who are off today, enjoy yourselves! And for those of you having to work, I am right there with you! 

xoxx, Laura

No comments