30th Birthday Recap


Happy Wednesday! Today I'm sharing a quick recap of my 30th birthday as a little digital scrapbook page. 




My friends and family seriously went all out for the most amazing spread at my favorite winery, Chiswell. They brought all of my favorite cheeses, crackers, fruit, truffles, flowers, and my friend Emma made this whipped feta dip with marinated olives and OMG it was phenomenal. 



My friend Carmen's (my brother's girlfriend!) sister and her boyfriend joined us for a while which was so fun. Her boyfriend has an oyster farming business and he brought some oysters and it was such a treat, everyone was pumped! 


My mom is incredibly skilled at flower arranging - she made this bouquet with flowers she got at a local pick-your-own farm, isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?? I wish photos captured how amazing it was. 


Carmen brought me a custom-painted "queen for the day" wine glass to use. 😂 She said she breaks it out for all special celebrations! 


My wonderful husband got in touch with all of my friends to invite them to the winery! Many of them weren't able to make it but they were there in spirit and still went above and beyond to make sure I had the most special day. 


My cutie parents - I owe it all to them! 


My mom is the BEST - we've been through a lot over the years (i.e. me being an absolute brat teenager 😂) but we've officially graduated to "friends" status now that she's done raising me (although she's really never done!)


My girls! Carmen, Madeline, and Emma. ❤️ Madeline and I went to kindergarten together and we grew up half a block away from each other. Emma and I did girl scouts together (her mom was our leader!) and were in school together from 6th through 12th grade. 


All the girls! 




Emma and I have always loved a good photo shoot, no matter how silly. 😂




Through marriage I inherited Kenny's bff and Spencer and his wife Justice, they are the best! They made it in time to meet us for dinner after the winery. 
 


There were the prettiest mini sunflowers on the road to the winery, we had to stop for some pics! 


We all went to dinner at Duner's which is somewhere I've been dying to try for YEARS! They change their menu daily which is so thrilling to me, I keep a tab with their menu open on my phone and I check it periodically. 😂 I got horseradish crusted salmon which was wonderful, but Kenny got blackened tilefish which was even better! There was also shrimp alfredo, steak frites, steamed mussels, roasted trout at the table, plus more things I can't remember! It was SO good, but we had so many people there that I felt like I couldn't focus on the food because I was in so many conversations! Definitely NOT a complaint, just an excuse to visit again soon. 😉 I am hoping that my mom will let me take her there for her birthday in January! 



Carmen got me "princess cupcakes" from her favorite bakery - she introduced me to princess cake last year at my birthday, it has almond marzipan on top and is so delicious. Our server had them plated up for us so nicely!

I had the best day ever and felt SO so loved. I'll reiterate what I said when I posted these photos on Instagram: Turning 30 has been even better than everyone says! I had the best birthday ever, in no small part thanks to the unbelievably amazing people in my life. When reflecting on the 30 years I’ve been so fortunate to experience, the most valuable part has been the incredible relationships I’ve formed with nothing but A-list friends and family. To all my lifers near and far, you know who you are and I cannot help but feel sentimental when thinking back on everything we’ve been through together. My love and appreciation for you is overwhelming, and I could never adequately express how much you mean to me!! THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone who made my thirtieth birthday weekend more special than I could possibly imagine!! I don’t feel lucky, I KNOW I am. ❤️ 

xoxoxoxoxxxxx, Laura

No comments