July Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


I have quite the random selection of favorites to share from July - LOTS of snacky things on the list this month. 😂

    1. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: This is a product that has really stood the test of time - it was released in 1971! It's a tinted balm in a universally flattering shade, and I really do think it would look great on anyone. Top it with your favorite gloss and you have a beautiful, juicy lip combo that makes it look like you just bit into a ripe blackberry. A great look for less that I also love is the Covergirl tinted balm in "Bliss You Berry."
    2. Pop Daddy pretzels: I totally fell for a TikTok ad with these, but omg they are so good!! I got a variety pack that Kenny that I have been working our way through, and so far my favorite flavors are smoked Gouda and garlic Parmesan.
    3. Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter RxBar:  I randomly grabbed one of these on a recent trip to Trader Joe's. I've been an RxBar fan for many years but had never tried their nut butter and oat line. They are great! They taste like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.
    4. Longchamp cosmetic bag: I totally fell for this bag during the Nordstrom anniversary sale, and by some miracle my order arrived rather than getting cancelled. 😂 It is labeled as a cosmetic bag but girls are using it as a mini bag which is how I've been using it! It has plenty of room for a phone, a card holder, lip products, and any of your other small essentials. I also got this strap that converts it to a crossbody bag, but I haven't tried it yet.
    5. Red's bean and cheese burritos: I LOVE a frozen burrito and these are my favorite I've ever tried - my favorite part is that the tortilla is so chewy and salty, it reminds me of the tortillas at Chipotle.
    6. Glitter wand: Okay this may be my most random 'favorite' of all time. 😂 Did you have one of these glitter wands as a kid?? I randomly remembered them the other day (I think I saw a TikTok about nostalgic toys) and then when I saw them for sale at a toy store I had to get one! I have it on my desk at work and it's so fun to play with. In unrelated news, I'm almost 30 years old...
    7. Trader Joe's mango black tea: I saw Things I Bought and Liked recommend this tea (she literally bought 20 boxes before sharing to make sure it didn't sell out on her 😂) and as usual, she was right. It's so delicious iced using my cold brew tea method!
    8. OPI "Show us Your Tips": I initially hated this color because I never do blue nails, but I turned around and loved it! My nail girl picked it for me and layered it over a matching base (it has shimmer and it's a little sheer) and I'm glad she put me out of my comfort zone. It's a beautiful periwinkle that's fun for summer! But I WILL be returning to my usual red-orange at my appointment today. 😂
    9. The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand: As much I wish I were one of those people who could crank through a book in just a couple of days, I just can't! Because of this, I have a hard time starting a book without being pretty sure I'm gonna love it beforehand. Elin Hilderbrand has become my absolute favorite summer author - I am NOT ashamed of being an unapologetic lover of fiction novels! I don't want to read nonfiction and I don't even want historical fiction - give me all of the romantic, luxurious summer novels! I LOVED The Blue Bistro which is about a young woman who shows up on Nantucket at the beginning of the summer with the goal of finding a job and turning her life around. After only working in the hotel industry for her entire professional life, the owner of a locally beloved restaurant entering its last season takes a chance on her and hires her as his assistant manager. The relationships she builds and lessons she learns over the next few months change her forever - but where will she end up with the summer is over and the restaurant closes its doors for good? My favorite thing about EH's books is the way that she describes food - so you can see why a book about a restaurant would appeal to me!
    10. Vici sweater: I'm having a major red moment and wanted an all-season red sweater - this one is so good and comes in a ton of other colors too! It's super comfy and a lovely cotton blend that isn't going to pill or fall apart. It's basically a dupe for the Free People easy street tunic. It's oversized but I stuck with my true size small.
    11. Hotel Cape Charles: My mom and I took a girls trip to Cape Charles, Virginia last week and we had an absolutely amazing time. We stayed in the Hotel Cape Charles which I cannot recommend enough! I plan on doing a whole post next week recapping our trip in which I will include all of the details on why we loved the hotel so much, so be on the lookout for that!
    12. Chiswell Winery: If you're local to the Crozet, Virginia area, you have got to visit Chiswell Winery! My brother's girlfriend recommended it to me and it's my new favorite winery in the area. It's located in a big house that's filled with seating areas that you can explore and sit wherever you want, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful and picturesque. Another great thing about it is that it hasn't gotten overrun by the UVA crowd yet like a lot of the other nearby wineries. The wines I've tried have all been wonderful, my favorites so far are the 2021 Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2021 sparkling rosé. I plan on taking my mom there this weekend!


I hope you have an amazing weekend! This is the last "summer Friday" for my mom and I before we have to resume our regular work schedules, so I really want to make the most of it!


xoxx, Laura



No comments