Styling Plaid for the Holidays

This post contains commissionable links.

Skirt | Similar sweater

Now that we've celebrated Thanksgiving, let me officially say: MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄 My favorite way to dress festively is with a tartan plaid piece, so I thought I'd share some of my plaid outfit inspiration that I've put together for the holiday season. Scroll to the bottom of the post for all of my favorite tartan plaid picks!



This look would transition perfectly from the workday to the office holiday party - I love this skirt and have it in several patterns, it's true to size.


This plaid headband and red lady jacket add the perfect festive touch to this casual outfit - the headband is my favorite accessory for the holidays and super comfortable!



This look is my idea of the perfect Christmas Eve look to take you from church to family dinner - add some black tights if you want to make it a bit more modest, and let the candles during the congregation's rendition of "Silent Night" serve as an unofficial accessory. 😂

 

I would wear a look like this to a local holiday market - add your favorite handbag to balance out all of the shopping bags in your other hand!



This is another beautiful look for church or a dressier family gathering - just wait til you see the bow on the back of the dress!



I love a cozy sweater dress look - a tartan scarf adds the perfect pop of Christmas cheer, especially if you have to cover up with a coat to combat the chill in the air.



Last but not least, a less-holiday-more-winter outfit option. I think this one would be great for the office, but I'd also wear it for a dinner date on the weekend! 

After all of that outfit inspo, I had to share all of my favorite tartan plaid picks that may not have made it into my styled looks! Many of these pieces are ones I own and love, and the ones I don't already have are on my wishlist. 😍

CLOTHING:


ACCCESSORIES:

 
I hope your Thanksgiving celebration was wonderful and that you have a great weekend! Today my mom and I are embarking on one of our favorite holiday traditions - taking our own personal tour of several different local holiday open houses, and ending the evening with wine and cheese back at my parents house (I also hope to watch a Christmas movie!) It's the best way to kick of the Christmas season, and I am so grateful to have this fun tradition to look forward to.

xoxx, Laura

No comments