October Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.
 


It's November, known to many as the soft launch of the holiday season! I can't believe I just said that - I fully intend to continue enjoying fall, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I have  BUNCH of new favorites to talk about this month, so I hope you enjoy!

    1. Headbands: New month, new favorite headbands. 😂 I have two from this past month, the first being this cute houndstooth one, perfect for fall! The second one is a simple black headband, but it's the one that impressed me the most! It is under $10 and comes in a few other neutral colors, but the most impressive thing about it is that it is the MOST comfortable headband I've ever worn - it doesn't even BEGIN to hurt my head after an entire day's wear. I highly recommend this one if you get headaches from headbands!
    2. Waterline eyeliner: I've been very into brightening waterline products lately, and this is my favorite I've found. Liz Woods wears this every day and it looks so great on her that I had to give it a try! It's a mechanical liner which is a must - I don't like to use liners that you have to sharpen around the eyes because it scares me to scratch my eye!
    3. Face oil: I haven't been into face oils until recently because my skin is slightly oily, but I've been loving wearing them overnight lately and waking up with juicy, glowy skin! I don't have a go-to favorite yet, but I've been really liking this one and this one.
    4. Cuticle nipper: This is a random one, but these are a tool I've used for years and I've been using it a lot lately as we transition into the drier months. They're basically precision cuticle snippers, and they're great for clipping off hangnails (which I have a habit of picking at... ouch).
    5. Earrings: These are too cute and great for layering if you have multiple piercings! They're a little chunky but super small hoops, true "huggies."
    6. True Citrus: I've enjoyed this for years, and I recently repurchased them so I wanted to mention them! They're packets of crystallized lemon, lime, grapefruit, or orange, and they're great to add to your water for some fresh flavor. I have also used them in cocktails in a pinch!
    7. Yoga pants: I've been loving the return of yoga pants AKA flared leggings, and as soon as I tried this pair on I fell in LOOOVE! The fit is great, they're super high-waisted, and the material is SO soft and stretchy, but still has compression. I got an XS because my usual size small was sold out at my store but they fit nicely. I'm 5'6" and they're just bordering on being too short, I'd like an extra inch or two. I ordered them in a small tall (the tall length is not available in XS, just FYI), but I haven't tried those on yet.
    8. The Coffee Shop palette: I am a huge fan of Juvia's Place palettes, they're my favorite eyeshadows and super affordable, they often go on sale too. The coffee shop one is my newest, and I think it may be my favorite! It's chock full of great brown shades and perfect for every day.
    9. Lano overnight lip mask: If you've been around the blog or my Instagram, then you may know that Lanolips balms are my favorite products EVER. The 101 Ointment Multi-Balm has been my nighttime go-to balm for many years, but they recently released an overnight mask and it may be even better. I cannot recommend these balms enough, they're SO thick and hydrating, way better than any other overnight lip masks I've ever tried (cough, Laneige).
    10. OPI Just Lanai-ing Around: This was my nail shade of the month, and it has been my very favorite over the the past few years - I've mentioned it time and time again! It's the perfect mauve-y pink for my skin tone.
    11. Reading: I have two favorite books from the last month, The Wife Stalker by Liv Constantine and The Housemaid's Secret by Freida McFadden. Read some more of my favorite thriller recommendations here.
    12. Goodreads: My friend told me to download the Goodreads app and it has gotten me extra excited to read new books! If you're unfamiliar, it's an app where you can track and rate the books you've read, save books you want to read, and read other people's reviews.
    13. Pink Friday: I'm a big Nicki Minaj fan, and I've been listening to Pink Friday (it's my favorite album of hers!) a ton in anticipation of the Pink Friday 2 release next month. It was supposed to drop on November 17th, but she recently pushed the release date back to December 8th and I can barely wait!
    14. Vermouth rinse: In cocktail terminology, a "rinse" is when you coat the inside of your cocktail glass with a small amount of liquid (liquor, liqueur, etc.) to get the flavor of it. I prefer very little vermouth in my martinis, and I recently heard someone mention using a vermouth rinse rather than adding vermouth to the drink, so I tried it and it's now my favorite thing!
    15. Watching: I haven't watched anything particularly exciting over the past month! I've still been enjoying the newest season of The Kardashians, and Kenny and I finished Better Call Saul, which I'm so sad to be finished with! We just recently started the newest season of Only Murders in the Building and it's pretty good so far.

I hope you had a fun Halloween yesterday! Kenny and I didn't dress up this year - neither of us had great costume ideas, but I did wear my favorite skull cashmere sweater.


xoxx, Laura

No comments