Holiday Sparkle

When I think about dressing for the holidays (especially New Years Eve), one thing comes to mind: sparkle! Whether it's a full-on party dress or a rhinestone headband, I have a hard time resisting anything sparkly! My brother makes fun of me for how drawn to anything sparkly I am (there have been magpie comparisons), but it's not my fault I'm a diamond and he's gravel! Just kidding Stuart - don't tell mom. 

Even if we're not all going to be packed into a bar at midnight this NYE, that doesn't mean we can't dress like we would if we were! We can always use a little extra sparkle, and I'm sure that most people want to see this year off in a MAJOR way... 2021, where you at? 

In honor of the holidays and the upcoming new year, I wanted to share my favorite sparkly, shimmery pieces out right now! I broke everything into categories, scroll through the widgets to see all the sparkly goodness! 

DRESSES:

To me, a sequined dress is the ultimate party piece. ALSO, imagine if you were an extra bride and changed into a white sequined dress for your send off at the end of your reception?! AND your wedding was on New Year's Eve?? Alright, that fantasy went from 0 to 100 real quick, but my POINT IS: how great are sequined dresses?? This silver mini is just a dream, and I always appreciate long sleeved dresses for the winter season. 

I also absolutely LOVE the tie waist sequin dresses that have been popular for the past few years, this one comes in three colors and I can't pick which one is my favorite! 

SKIRTS AND PANTS: 

I've had a sequin mini skirt since high school, and I've worn it for so many holiday seasons! This similar one is only $25 and comes in four colors (black is my fave!) 

I also just bought a pair of sequin leggings that I'm excited to break out this year. This pair is a bestseller every year and currently 50% off, and this pair is only $25!

I used to be a total midi skirt hater, but I'm very into them these days. This shimmery pleated midi skirt is so beautiful, and would look so cozy and fun with a black sweater! Banana Republic has a lot of great sparkly pieces every year. 

TOPS:

This bodysuit has been a bestseller on my LTK page, and it comes in black, silver, and gold! If you're having a more casual NYE, this sequined "CHEERS" sweatshirt would be perfect! 

I also love this tee and tank for layering under a cardigan or blazer for a more subtle (but still extra) look. Plus they're both under $25!

SHOES AND ACCESSORIES:


Out of all the sparkly things to wear, accessories might be my favorite! They're the easiest to style and the least over-the-top for more casual settings. I have last year's version of this headband and it's SO beautiful - I love the rainbow version! I've also had a pair of shimmer tights for years, and they're so fun to spice up an all black outfit.

I majorly lust over these Manolo Blahnik-esque heels every year. 😍 The white version would be a perfect wedding shoe too! Maybe with a sequined dress for your send-off? OKAY, okay, I'll put the fantasy to rest. 

Speaking of shoes though, these shimmery bow mules are a great dupe for the Loeffler Randall ones, especially for only $32 - less than 10% of the price of the designer version!


I hope you're having a great week so far! I'm back to working from home through the end of year, which is kind of nice. It's a relaxing way to round out the year! We've been expecting a lot of snow in Virginia today and tonight, but more recently I've heard that it might not amount to much, so only time will tell! I have plenty of soup made either way. 😎

xoxx, Laura

No comments