Trend Spotlilght: Mermaid Jewelry

Shell necklaces are BACK, PEOPLE! That's right, the coveted beach vacation souvenir of our youth has made a comeback, and is apparently taking no prisoners. Everyone's rocking the upgraded gold-dipped shell chokers, from the streetwear baddies to the Lilly lovers, and Instagram has the receipts. While the necklace trend is not for me, I am enjoying the corresponding earrings that are popping up simultaneously. Beachy, carefree, "what's a job?" type vibes

Images via: 1 2 3 4 5 6
While I don't see myself jumping on the puka necklace bandwagon, I have been living for all of the shell-themed earrings (Full disclosure: the more I browse shell necklaces for "research purposes," the more I can picture myself surfside rocking shells and a sunburn, so don't be surprised if I show up here all brand-new with one of these at some point between now and August.) So today I'm taking the sea life-themed ("mermaid" as I'm calling it) jewelry trend in that direction, and it's making me SO pumped to dress for summer!

  1. Shell Hoops: These are definitely extra, they're super jingly-jangly and attention grabbing.
  2. Shell and Wicker: These would be perfect with some raffia sandals, no?? Clearly I'm still loving the wicker trend, and I think a pop of wicker in some earrings is a really cute neutral, summer accent.
  3. Mini Shell Hoops: This is the most understated pair in my roundup, I think they'd look great with other piercings as a stacked look
  4. Double Shell Drops: These are just gorgeous, I love how they looked like gold-dipped shells and they're on the simpler side, so they're better for everyday wear.
  5. Mismatched Drops: How cool are these?! The mismatched look is so fun, and I love that they're different lengths and have a teeny pop of red.
  6. Baroque Pearl Drops: These are a timeless statement earring that will go beautifully with outfits for years to come. You could dress these up or down; the woven appearance of the gold makes them a little bit more casual, while the pearls bring the fancy-factor.
  7. Starfish Drops: These are like the Aquamarine starfish earrings all grown up. (Did anyone else watch that movie as a kid? Just me? You're missing out...)
  8. Asymmetrical Drops: Now THESE are getting into true mermaid territory. Can't you just imagine finding these washed up on a beach? I love how the shapes are very organic, and they're completely mismatched. The freshwater pearls are the perfect touch.
  9. Coral Drops: These are too fun, the coral drops scream summer and they'd look great to dress up a swimsuit and shorts for lunch at the beach.
  10. Crinkle Pearl Drops: These are just red carpet-stunning, I can totally picture them with a low bun and an evening gown. HOWEVER, I've never once experienced such an occasion, so luckily these would elevate a more casual ensemble just as well. 
I hope you're having a great Wednesday! It's still chilly in VA, and I really can't stand dressing for the cold-in-the-morning, warm-ish???-in-the-afternoon weather any longer. Bring on the heat! My ideal weather is 85 degrees and sunny, and I feel long overdue for that.

xoxx,
Laura 










No comments