Trend Spotlight: Button Up Dresses

Happy Wednesday! What are you up to this week? I've been working with a travel agent to plan Kenny's and my honeymoon, and I'm BEYOND excited about it! I just want it to be here already! Needless to say it's going to be a whirlwind weekend with the wedding and heading straight on our way to the trip, but that's what a relaxing vacation after all the craziness is for, right?

I'm back today highlighting another spring and summer trend: button up dresses! Tortoiseshell buttons to be exact. There's something so warm-weather to me about tortoiseshell buttons, you really only see them on warmer-weather pieces.

Nothing exudes summer more than a breezy, casual sundress. Last summer, I started seeing tortoiseshell button dresses everywhere and fell in love! Luckily, they're back again this year. They're typically a more casual style, but can certainly be dressed up to a certain extent, and even styled as workwear.

I was shopping for one for myself, and came across SO many great options! I tried to narrow down my faves, but there were too many to pick from! One thing that's great about this trend is that it can be done sexy, work appropriate, and anywhere in between.

  1. Black Sheath: This one is my favorite of all, I ordered it for summer! I like that it's neutral with a classic cut, and has a lot of potential for being dressed up or down. 
  2. Black Drop Waist: This one is so girly and darling, I think oversized "baggy" dresses like this with heels and dainty accessories.
  3. Long Sleeve Denim: I think this one would look SO cute with a pair of western boots that are so popular right now!
  4. Ribbed Midi: This is a great staple dress, it'd look great with a jean jacket and sneakers for a casual look.
  5. Floral Embroidered: This is hands-down my favorite one! It'd be great for brunch with the girls with sandals and a cute headband, or date night with heels and a straw clutch.
  6. Light Blue Tie Sleeve: This one is too cute! I love the light blue and the feminine tie details.
  7. Pink Ruffle Hem: This dusty mauve hue is great for every season, I saw it a lot this fall and winter and I love seeing it incorporated in to warm weather pieces too.
  8. Red Asymmetrical: I LOVE this bold red, I think this one would be great for a summer wedding. It would work for the office too, with the more modest length.
  9. White Tie Waist: This one's a no-brainer; breezy, light, white dresses are summer staples, and something that belongs in everyone's collection.
  10. Tan Striped Linen: Vertical stripes give any piece a retro vibe, and they're particularly prominent this season. Paired with the flattering cut of this dress and done in a neutral color palette
  11. Two-Tone: This one would be amazing for work with a good pair of heels. I love that it looks like a blouse and skirt separately, but the buttons bring it together.
  12. Tie-Waist Blazer: The blazer dress look is so chic, and I love this one lightened up for summer in a creamy beige and with the tortoiseshell buttons, of course.
I hope it's warming up where you are, I am so anxious for sundress season! If it were up to me, I'd skip spring and go straight to summer. It broke EIGHTY degrees in the valley yesterday, which was an absolute treat.

Sending you all the summer vibes!
xoxx, Laura





No comments