Beauty Haul

It's Mondaaaay! Did you have a good weekend? Kenny and I had a relaxing one, we went to see the new Avengers movie on Friday night, which was so good! I thought it might drag since it's so long, but it held my interest the whole time. On Saturday, took a day trip to Charlottesville and went to our favorite restaurant for dinner. I did a MAJOR Trader Joe's haul, so I'm planning to do a post about my favorites from there because I always love hearing other peoples' favorites. Yesterday I got my nails did and Kenny and I got some wedding stuff worked on, and had a belated Easter dinner with his family.

Between all of the sales recently and just general stocking up for summer, I've accumulated a lot an excessive amount of new beauty products lately! I thought I'd share new finds that I picked up, along with some ole' favorites I grabbed for my stash.
  1. NARS Heat Wave: I've been wanting to try a red lipstick with an orange undertone for summer, and when I saw Julia Engel in this shade I knew I had to try it. I think it'll look great with bronze makeup and blue eyes!
  2. Revlon creme eyeshadow in "Caramel": I was looking for a bronzey eyeshadow to throw on and go, and when after I swatched this in Ulta, I was amazed at how well it stayed on my hand! I washed my hands a few times before it completely came off. It's a cream formula, so I think it'll be great for summertime if I'm going to be around water or sweating.   
  3. Jergens Natural Glow lotion: I've used this for YEARS, and in my opinion it improves little by little each year. It's a great way to take the edge off of the winter paleness at the start of spring and summer, and it's a good way to extend the life of a spray tan. It definitely gives off that "fake tan" smell, but that doesn't bother me, and it isn't overwhelming. I get the medium to tan shade because it has a less orangey undertone than the light to medium shade. 
  4. e.l.f. gel eyeliner: I love the look of a turquoise lower waterline, so I ordered this after seeing KathleenLights use it for that in a video. 
  5. Lano balm: This is my all-time favorite lip balm! It's SO thick and hydrating, and it's especially great to put on before bed to moisturize your lips overnight.
  6. L'oreal Lash Paradise mascara: This is my all-time favorite mascara! My most-complimented feature is my eyelashes, and this mascara definitely helps me achieve the false lash look without false lashes.
  7. Makeup Geek palette in "Naturally Nude": Can you believe that Target is stocking Makeup Geek?! I immediately had to get this cute little palette when I saw it, it has all the shades you need for a simple, neutral look, and it's perfect for travel.
  8. Buxom lip gloss in "Blushing Margarita": This is my favorite lip gloss formula, so I had to pick up the shade "Blushing Margarita," which is the perfect neutral pinky-nude shade.
  9. Tree Hut sugar scrub in "Coco Colada": This is another ride-or-die product for me. My favorite scent is "Belize Breeze," but I wanted to try this new coconut scent! 
  10. L'oreal Telescopic mascara: This is the only mascara I use for my bottom lashes; the wand is super tiny and skinny so it's really easy to use. Plus, the formula is great for bottom lashes because it's not at all clumpy, it just defines the lashes because my bottom lashes are very light.
  11. Laneige balm in "Grapefruit": I'm a lip balm fiend and I've heard great things about this one, so I had to give it a try. 
  12. MAC lipstick in "Love U Back": This is from MAC's new Strip Down collection. When I swatched it, I knew I had to have it. I'm a little particular when it comes to nude lipsticks, I think that when they're matte they can look crusty easily, but MAC has a great formula. 
  13. Nudestix Lip and Cheek Crayon in "Purity": I've loved the Smashbox liquid lipstick in "Stepping Out" after seeing it on Grace Wainwright, but never got it because I can't stand the feeling of liquid lipsticks. Then I saw her wearing this Nudestix crayon on Insta stories and it's a great dupe of the Smashbox version, so I had to grab it.
  14. BH Cosmetics "Hangin' in Hawaii" palette: The colors in this palette are SO much fun, I had to pick it up after I saw Cortney Dryden talking about it on Insta stories.
  15. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet: This is one of my all-time favorite perfumes, and I was due for a refill.
  16. Colourpop eyeshadow in "Nillionaire": After falling in love with Colourpop super shock shadows recently, I picked up another one in the shade "Nillionaire." I think the bronzey glitter will be great for summertime.
Have a beautiful week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments