Zimmermann Dress Dupe

Girrrrrl I LOVE a good dupe. Especially for a trendy piece, or for something ridiculously expensive that I wouldn't buy otherwise. Zimmermann dresses are filed under the "ridiculously expensive" category at this point in my life. I have loved Zimmermann for years now, but strictly as a dream, with most of their dresses ranging between $500 and $1,500.

If you use the LIKEtoKNOWit app, then you know the disappointment of screenshotting a post to get the outfit details, and checking the link only to find out that the piece you fell in love with has a price with waaay to many zeroes to ever be yours. As soon as spring temperatures began to show themselves, I started seeing this dress on Instagram, and I was sure it was going to be one of those cases.


Much to my shopaholic/dress addict delight, I discovered that this dress was NOT insanely priced, it's actually from Chicwish and under $100! And what makes it even better is that after doing a little more research, I discovered that it's an AMAZING dupe of a Zimmermann dress that's priced between $800 and $850 online. It's also a great dupe for this dress, which is still a much better price point than Zimmermann, but also more than I would spend on this type of dress.


Zimmermann                                                                    Chicwish
Zimmermann                                                                    Chicwish
I've never ordered anything from Chicwish before, so I was completely unsure about how sizing would be. According to the size chart, I would be in an extra-small, but I wear almost exclusively small in other brands. Also, I know that brands from overseas tend to run on the smaller size, so I ended up going with a size medium and it fits great! I could've gone with a small, but the material has no stretch so a medium worked fine.


I was pleasantly surprised by the quality! The material is heavier than I expected and doesn't wrinkle super easily, and the dress is fully lined. The detailing is nice, and it seems to be pretty well made. It did have a few threads hanging off of it here and there, but I just trimmed them off.

Side note... how gorgeous are all those daffodils?! These photos were taken in the university arboretum and I always love going there in spring when all of the flowers are in bloom. And I certainly wasn't alone, there were several other people there taking senior photos, and tons of other people there in general!


One thing I was worried about was the neckline because it's a pretty deep plunge, so I wore a bralette underneath but never felt like I was going to have a wardrobe malfunction. It could also be easily pinned up a little to make it a bit more modest. 

 

Overall I think it's a great spring dress, and I plan on wearing it for Easter! I'm glad to have dipped my toe into the Chicwish brand so I know a little bit more about sizing and quality, and I will definitely be browsing their site for more Zimmermann-esque pieces. 

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday!
xoxx, Laura



No comments