February Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


Happy March! March is actually one of my least favorite months because it always feel like a weird in-between time during the year to me and the weather usually isn't ideal, BUT it is one step closer to summer so I am grateful for that! I have some fun favorites to share from February, several of which seem to reflect my focus on making it to summer. 😂

    1. Wide-leg sweatpants: I know I'm not the only one who is particular about their loungewear! I wear sweatpants to bed for a good chunk of the year, and I'd been needing some new ones. These are perfect and also come in some other colors here! They have a relaxed fit but are true to size, I went with an XS which is my usual size from this brand but I could've done a small too for a more oversized fit. I'm 5'7" and the length is okay, they just brush the top of my foot - I would prefer them to be an inch or so longer to account for shrinking, but I also wear them very high waisted so part of that is on me. 😂
    2. Tevas: Kenny and I both needed new pairs of sturdy, waterproof shoes to wear during excursions on the cruise that we recently took, and we both got a pair of these! There are tons of colors and patterns in both the women's and the men's styles.
    3. Diff Ariana II sunglasses: I liked these after trying them on in-store and my husband ended up getting them for me for Christmas! I've been liking a more square frame in sunglasses lately, and I love the chocolate brown shade of these - they're my first pair of plain brown sunglasses.
    4. 5 cup coffee machine: I am turning over a new leaf and DITCHING my Nespresso machine that I've used for years - their coffee is expensive, comes in small servings, and frankly I don't really even like the taste of it as much as regular drip coffee! I got this $20 mini coffee maker and it's been my BFF this month - my husband doesn't drink hot coffee so it's the perfect size for one person.
    5. Cutwater watermelon vodka sodas: I used to love the Cutwater vodka sodas and I thought they were discontinued! I think they must've just reformulated them because the cans changed and they came out with a watermelon flavor which I don't remember from before. I got a variety pack when I was in Tampa and didn't expect to like the watermelon, but it ended up being my favorite! Lime used to be my favorite, but that one tastes different now and I don't like it as much.
    6. Amazon sunglasses: I got these to wear on my recent vacation in case I damaged or lost them, and I love them! I'd definitely repurchase them if needed. They look great on Kenny too so he borrowed them a couple times, I think they're technically men's anyway.
    7. Kosas bronzer in shade "Waves": My go-to bronzer seems to have been reformulated and now has a lot of fallout and the shade doesn't suit me anymore. I saw TIBAL recommend this one and ordered it immediately and I've been loving it! It's the perfect shade for my fair skin, and the baked formula blends nicely and has very minimal fallout. I do not wear foundation, just mineral sunscreen, and this wears just fine over top of that.
    8. Opal hoop earrings: I love opal and I've been on the hunt for some opal hoops forever. I took a gamble on this pair and they're absolutely stunning - photos don't do them justice! I can't wait to stack them with my chunky gold hoops all summer.
    9. David Yurman cable bracelet: Kenny got me this bracelet for Christmas and high-school me is living her dream! I love it even more than I thought I would - I never wear bangle style bracelets because they always seemed clunky to me, but it’s not nearly as “conspicuous” as I thought it’d be. I also never wear bracelets with long sleeves, but I’ve actually really enjoyed wearing it with sweaters this winter
    10. Rogue: This is the second book in Elle Kennedy's Prep series, and I enjoyed it! It's a young adult I had a little bit of a hard time getting through the first book because I bought it from a friend's recommendation without knowing anything about it, but I liked this one more because I knew what to expect going into it. It has mystery and romance
    11. Blue Verbena & Lime candle: OMG this candle smells just like the Palihouse hotel that Kenny and I stayed in in Tampa! If you want your house to smell like a boutique hotel, this candle is perfect for that. It is not super strong, but in a good way - it leaves a unique, refreshing fragrance that doesn't overpower your space.
    12. Washington Post crosswords: I love a crossword, and I recently discovered that the Washington Post makes theirs available to play online. You can get hints and check your work too!
    13. Watching: Lots to watch last month! Kenny and I finished The Sopranos after watching it for a long time - Kenny watched a lot of it without me but we watched the last season together and it made me wish I had paid more attention because I'm sad it's over. We watched on Colin From Accounts on Paramount+ which is a quick watch and really cute and funny. The new season of Life & Beth on Hulu is out so we've been watching that, and of course the new Love is Blind season, which is a wreck as always. 😂


Have a faaabulous weekend! I don't have any set plans yet but I'm thinking Kenny and I will do a hike tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be mild, especially on Sunday, so I want to spend as much time outside as possible! Ever since our trip to Florida I have been mentally in full-on summer mode, and I YEARN for warmer, longer days! I am so happy that the time change is coming up soon - I wish we could keep the later sunsets year-round!

xoxx, Laura

No comments