Pack With me For a Winter Cruise to Mexico!

This post contains commissionable links.



As you're reading this, Kenny and I are off on a cruise to Mexico! Kenny booked the cruise for me as a gift 2.5 years ago, but there were still COVID restrictions in place at the time which I didn't think would be fun, so we finally rescheduled it! We've taken one cruise together in 2018 which was fun but honestly kind of a learning curve because there is definitely a "culture" when it comes to cruising that you sort of have to get used to, so I think we'll have an even better time this time around. We have a balcony room which I look forward to enjoying! We're also going to spend some time in Tampa, which is somewhere I've never been and I know Kenny's excited to explore together because he's been there a few times.


I had a little bit of a hard time deciding what to pack for a winter tropical vacation because I've never taken one before, so I thought I'd share what I'm packing in case any of you need some warm-weather inspiration, too!

CLOTHING:


I *tried* my best to pack in a semi-capsule wardrobe that I can mix and match. I am bringing a few shirt dresses which will be appropriate to wear to dinner, but can also serve as swimsuit cover ups. I also packed my trusty linen pants which I can mix and match with button up shirts and layer with sweaters.

ACCESSORIES & SWIM:


For travel and walking around Florida, I'm wearing my favorite leather sneakers. For the cruise I brought my favorite heeled raffia sandals and flat leather sandals. Kenny and I also both got a pair of these fun waterproof sandals for excursions, and I know I'll get a lot of use out of them this summer!

As I type this I'm on the fence about bringing this hat because I'd have to wear it on the plane, but I want to have it with me for the pool and the beach, so we shall see! I've posted before about my favorite Amazon swimsuits - I'm bringing this one for function and this one for fun! Can't forget sun protection - I love wearing the Columbia SPF shirts as cover-ups and to protect my skin while lounging poolside.

xoxx, Laura

No comments