June Favorites


Lots of colorful favorites from June as we enter the first full month of summer!

    1. Straw hat: I thought my Brixton Joanna hat would always be my favorite, until I found this one! It's SO chic and classy, very nicely made, and only $20! It comes in two sizes, I got the S/M and it fits nicely. They describe it as a floppy hat, but the straw version has a stiff brim and is not floppy, which is what I love.
    2. Boy Smells Hinoki Fantôme: I got a sample of this with a Sephora order and I ordered it the next day! It's a very deep, woody scent that I'm gonna put on ice for now, but I know I'm gonna be wearing throughout fall!
    3. Amazon beaded necklace: I saw Things I Bought And Liked recommend this necklace and ordered it IMMEDIATELY - I thought it would be so fun for summer and the beach and I was right! I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it and it's surprisingly versatile.
    4. Seashell pearl drop earrings: I got these earrings last summer and I was excited to see them restocked this season! I love wearing anything beachy in the summertime, and these seashells and freshwater pearls add the perfect classic touch to any outfit.
    5. Ken's Steak House Lite Caesar Dressing: I can't believe I haven't spoken about what's been Kenny's and my favorite salad dressing for several months now. 😂 It has a great Caesar flavor but it's a vinegarette so it's lighter than a traditional Caesar.
    6. Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother: My mom and I have been wearing this stuff since I was in high school, maybe even middle school! It's the yummiest, juiciest lip balm/gloss and it has SPF 20, perfect for when you're spending time outside!
    7. Opal earrings: My mom got me earrings almost identical to the ones I linked many years ago and I always get the most wear out of them in the summertime - I've been wearing them a ton lately!
    8. Columbia PFG SPF fishing shirts: Now that I have fully embraced the pale skin/sun protection life, these shirts are the GOAT for days spent out in the sun. They provide sun protection equivalent to SPF 40-50, and I love not having to worry as much about reapplying sunscreen on my upper body while I'm wearing these. I have a men's one in a size small that's very oversized, and a women's one in a size medium for a more relaxed fit.
    9. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand: I've seen people recommend Elin Hilderbrand books as great summer reads for years, so I finally got one and absolutely loved it - I can't wait to read another! The Perfect Couple is a murder mystery set on Nantucket during a luxurious wedding that takes place the weekend of the Fourth of July. The plot is conveyed from the point of view of several different characters, and the story moves quickly. I especially loved the detailed descriptions of the upscale food and chic outfits!
    10. OPI "Living on the Bula-vard": I can't confirm yet, but this *may* be my new favorite summer nail polish - I am just loving orange! I have it on my nails now and I'm strongly considering getting it again at my next appointment, and I rarely get the same color twice in a row!
    11. Wegmans cauliflower pasta: I grabbed this on a whim the last time Kenny and I were in a Wegmans - I had high hopes for it but thought there was a pretty big chance it wouldn't be good, cauliflower stuff can be funky. 😂 But omg it is SO good! I wish I had gotten more - they have a handful of different pasta shapes including gnocchi (if you consider that pasta) which I also got but haven't tried yet. These are freezer-friendly so I'm definitely going to stock up next time I'm at a Wegmans!
    12. Miniverse Make It Mini Food: This might be the most random thing on my list, but OMG these are SO cool, especially if you're a lover of miniatures like I am. They're mystery kits that you open and they contain all of the ingredients to make a tiny (inedible) food or drink, but the best part is that all of the ingredients are packaged like they would be if they were edible (berries in a little clamshell, a TEASPOON of resin "juice" in a tiny bottle with a real screw top, tiny plastic ice in a bag with the world's smallest bag tie... SO cute!) Each one is different, but they give you instructions on how to make each thing depending on what you get.
    13. Spotify Premium: IT'S TRUE PEOPLE I finally have Spotify Premium and omg is it nice after having peasant Spotify after so many years. 😂 I would've never subscribed myself, but Kenny already had Spotify Premium and found out he could add me to his plan for like $3 so he did it and WOW thanks Kenny. 😘
    14. Watching: I feel like there are SO many new seasons of shows on my radar right now, but but I haven't started much new! The only thing Kenny and I have finished lately is season 3 of I Think You Should Leave on Netflix which is a sketch show that's SO idiotic and hilarious. We started Based on a True Story on Peacock and we're liking it so far but have only watched the first episode. I'm also enjoying the new season of The Kardashians on Hulu, as always!


What are you up to tomorrow for the Fourth?? I don't have any specific plans yet other than making my favorite Ina Garten recipe and hopefully sipping on some nice vinho verde or maybe a poptail. 😜 Cheers!

xoxx, Laura

No comments