July Favorites


I TRULY cannot believe that August is almost here! For someone whose year revolves around summer, it's always bittersweet to part ways with July. BUT August is summer nonetheless and I will enjoy the heck out of it - especially since my birthday is at the end of the month! I have a lot of fun favorites to share from July, so let's talk about them!

    1. Pimpin Joy hat: One thing I may have never mentioned before is that I'm a big Bobby Bones Show fan - I've listened to every single one of their shows since 2013 when they moved to Nashville. They sell merch that benefits certain causes depending on the line, and I've never gotten anything until this hat! I love a good trucker hat and while I definitely did not need another hat, I justified this one since it was for a good cause.
    2. Juvia's Place The Warrior palette: I've had this palette for several months but just started using it regularly this summer - the gold tones are a little warm for my skin tone, but I love the formula of Juvia's Place shadows, they're my most-used!
    3. Hermès Kelly look for less: I love the look of a structured mini bag, and I saw Brit Lorden post this one that's a great look for less for the Hermès mini Kelly and I had to snag one! it's small enough that most venues will allow you to bring it in even though it's not clear, and it's great quality (real leather!) for under $60.
    4. Seashell necklace: There's an estate jewelry store that my mom and I love and we always make a trip to in the summer because they have really good sales. On our last trip, I got a collar necklace and seashell pendant that I cannot stop wearing, they're so fun and make a statement! since they're estate I have no idea what brand they are, but I linked some similar options if you want to recreate the look - the pendant I linked is from one from one of my very favorite Etsy shops which I highly recommend!
    5. Bella Tu shirt dress: I discovered this brand last spring and STALKED my favorite dress on their site waiting for it to go on sale - I got it toward the end of last season so I didn't wear it til this summer, but it's one of my very favorite dresses now! My exact one isn't sold anymore, but I'm linking this year's version of the same style in a very similar print.
    6. Olive green sunglasses: I've never owned olive green sunglasses before, but I've seen several people styling them this year and they're surprisingly versatile. I LOVE this style, and they also come in black and a light nude color.
    7. Raspberry Rose Poppi: I've tried a handful of the Poppi flavors before and for some reason I got this one thinking it wouldn't be that great, but it turned out to be my favorite one I've had! It basically tastes like raspberry, which is unique for a drink and super yummy.
    8. Nike sweatshirt: Most of my sweatshirts are oversized, but when I wear a tennis skirt I prefer a more "true to size" sweatshirt - for those times I love the men's Nike crewneck sweatshirts! I get my true size small - I've sized up in them before but the way they're cut doesn't make for a good oversized fit, so I recommend getting your true size.
    9. Nike Air Max 90s: I've mentioned before that Nike Air Max 90's are my favorite style of sneaker - they're classics, but also happen to be very popular right now. I saw this pair at Dick's several weeks ago and I thought they would be the PERFECT game day shoe for JMU football games - Kenny and I have tickets to a game in September and I cannot wait to break them out!
    10. Rainbow candy necklace: Another month, another favorite candy necklace! When I saw this rainbow one, I knew it would layer perfectly with the blue ones that I already own. This one comes in several different color combinations and they're all a great price - candy necklaces can be really expensive!
    11. Clos Pegase Mitsuko Chardonnay: Not to be dramatic, but this Chardonnay was kind of life-changing for me. 😂 I've never been the biggest Chardonnay fan - I'll drink it, but if I'm drinking white I'll typically opt for a Vinho Verde or Pinot Grigio. I've heard people use the term "buttery chard," but I never knew what they meant until I tried this one, and now I am so here for Chardonnays now that I've found the kind that I like!
    12. Watching: I haven't been watching too many new things this month, but Kenny and I finally started Better Call Saul on Netflix and we are OBSESSED - I look forward to watching an episode every evening! We've also been enjoying the new season of Righteous Gemstones on Max. We started the new season of Love Island UK, but have only watched one episode since we got into Better Call Saul! I haven't started the new season of The Summer I Turned Pretty yet, I'd been waiting for several episodes to come out so I could binge it but I haven't had time! If you've started it, how do you like it? I've seen mixed things about this season!



I hope you had a fun weekend! On Friday, I got my nails done and then my mom and I met up and went' to some farmers markets and finished the afternoon off with some prosecco with popsicles! On Saturday Kenny and I had a day date in Leesburg and got dinner at our favorite spot. Yesterday, my parents and Kenny and I drove up to the mountains and hit a couple of our favorite spots to walk around. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and while it was hot, it felt cool compared to the sweltering days we had last week!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments