Coastal Grandmother Staples


Happy Memorial Day! Memorial day weekend always marks the unofficial start to summer for me, and I know that most of you agree. The "coastal grandmother" aesthetic has been very popular over the past few summers, which has been great for those of you like me who already considered that your style. 😂 Today I'm sharing my coastal grandmother wardrobe staples that you can mix and match all summer long!

1. Shirt dress: A large portion of my dress wardrobe is made up of shirt dresses - they're extremely easy and versatile. You can wear them casually as a swimsuit cover up or with flat sandals and a hat, or dress them up with a belt and some heels.

2. Straw hat: I thought for years that I wasn't a hat person, but I swear this hat is flattering on everyone! It's so chic, plus it provides sun protection - you can't beat that.

3. Button up shirts: Whether it's an oversized white oxford or a fun striped linen number, there are 100 ways you can wear a button up shirt. Tuck one into your favorite pair of shorts, or throw one on over your swimsuit and head to the beach.

4. Flag sweater: This is a classic Americana piece that's great to wear all summer and into fall. There's something so quintessentially "East Coast" about it!

5. Raffia belt: I get SO much wear out of my raffia belts, I mainly use them to cinch in my dresses.

6. One piece swimsuit: I wear one piece swimsuits exclusively, and pound for pound, this one is my favorite. It's under $35, true to size, has adjustable straps, and comes in a bunch of colors.

7. Oversized sunglasses: I love a good pair of oversized sunglasses - these have been my most worn over the past few years. I recently switched from the Le Specs version to an Amazon dupe and the Amazon ones are just as nice as the "real" ones.

8. Mom/dad shorts: Whatever you call them, you know what I mean! High-waisted denim shorts with more room in the leg and a longer inseam are the perfect combination of coverage and comfort for me.

9. Brown leather sandals: These H sandals have been some of my most worn over the last several years, along with these which are SO comfortable.

10. Linen pants (or shorts): Talk about easy breezy! Wear these as a swimsuit cover up, with a chic tank, or with a tied up button down shirt.

11. Striped boat neck tee: I get so much wear out of my striped tees in the summertime. They're also cute tied over your shoulders or around your waist.

12. Brown belt: If you want something a little smarter looking than a raffia belt, this (reversible!) bamboo buckle belt is the ticket.

13. Lace-up espadrille wedges: These have got to be my most-worn dressy sandals in the summertime. They're surprisingly versatile - when I got them I didn't know how much I'd wear them, but now I'm on my second pair because I wore the first one completely out!

14. Woven bag: I got this woven bag about five years ago and have worn it SO much. I also wear this smaller one a ton.

15. Raffia sandals: I love a raffia accessory (if it wasn't clear already!) and raffia sandals are some of my most-worn during summertime - they go with everything.

16. White shorts: Any white shorts that you like will do, but I LOVE this tailored paper bag pair. You can remove the tie belt and replace it with a different belt for something a little dressier.

I hope you're enjoying your long weekend wherever you are, and HAPPY SUMMER!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments