April Favorites


It's May, AKA the unofficial start to summer in my world! Spring truly is my least favorite season, and I know that May is technically spring, but it's when the roller coaster temperatures usually even out in Virginia and it starts to get consistently warm! I have a LOT of April favorites to share as we start the new month, so let's get into it!

    1. Palo Santo candle: Kenny's bff and his fiance got this candle for us for a gift because they are "sexually attracted to it" and I can see why. 😂 It smells so cozy and homey! It's woody, smoky, and a little sweet.
    2. The Bar varsity sweatshirts: If you follow a lot of bloggers, then chances are you've seen this sweatshirt more than once - I got my first one last spring and they've been my favorite sweatshirts ever since! They're super oversized and cozy, and I love all of the colorways. I was trying to get a new one during the latest drop but missed it because I was busy at work, but Kenny swooped in and got FOUR for me because he didn't know which color I wanted. 😂 Needless to say, he's the best and I'm set for life!
    3. Strawberry Lemonade Liquid I.V.: I've mentioned several times that I'm a big Liquid I.V. fan, and the new strawberry lemonade flavor has become one of my favorites!
    4. Kirkland Signature Sartori Cabernet Sauvignon BellaVitano Cheese: GET THIS CHEESE on your next Costco run, trust me! It is SO flavorful and delicious - I bought this on a whim when I was there for a couple of cheeses that ended up being super expensive, and my family agreed that this one was the best of all of them, and the most affordable by far! 
    5. JD Glow Cosmetics Metallon eyeshadow in "Hey Papi": I've sung the praises of JD Glow Cosmetics eyeshadows many times over the years but I have to feature them again because I'm currently using a new-to-me shade that's the most beautiful light gold metallic. Their Metallon line of shadows specifically are the SHINIEST, most pigmented metallic shadows ever, and they're under $10 for a huge pan - other brands would easily charge $20-$30 for the same thing.
    6. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover: My aunt has been begging me to read this book for over three years and I finally did - it really is as good as everyone says it is! It's an emotional roller coaster of a book, but still feel-good. I've only read two other Colleen Hoover books (Verity was my favorite, I also read Layla but wouldn't recommend it) but I look forward to reading more - which are your favorites?
    7. Tanologist drops: This has been my go-to self tanner for the past few years, and I just started incorporating it into my routine for the warmer months. Self tanning mousse is too high maintenance for my regular routine, and I like the customizability of these drops - you mix them in with your body lotion depending on how deep you want the color to be, I usually use 6 drops per arm and 10 drops per leg.
    8. Undies: I've worn the same style of undies since high school and I still love them (I actually just did a purge/restock), but I recently found some new ones that I also love! These no-show undies are SUPER comfortable (even the thong style) and great to wear under anything that you don't want to give you lines. They're super stretchy and pretty much feel like you're wearing nothing at all!
    9. Morphe eyebrow pencil in "Latte": I typically use a powder to fill in my brows, but I have a bare notch in the middle of each brow that's easier to fill in with a pencil. The product I've been using for that recently is this Morphe eyebrow pencil - it has a super fine tip and it's easy to use.
    10. Ugg Classic Minis: I know it's May and most Ugg-buying is over for the season, but I got these babies late in the winter and they're the coziest thing to throw on with comfy outfits when it's chilly out and I don't want to wear sneakers. I know the Ultra Minis are currently all the rage, but I much prefer the slightly higher shaft of the Classic Minis.
    11. XL square scarf: I've been on the hunt for a large Hermès-look-for-less square scarf and this 50x50" one is a great option for under $20! It comes in a zillion other patterns, too.
    12. Neon orange nails: Typically I have a specific nail polish shade to recommend, but this month it's just a particular color: neon orange! I saw a few girls I follow on Instagram get neon orange nails over the past few months and they're surprisingly wearable. I had bright orange nails over most of the month of April and just switched back to light pink, but I'm already missing the orange! 
    13. Miami chic salad: This is a recipe that I re-remember a couple times a year and I'm currently obsessed with it! The recipe calls for cucumber, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, and Castelvetrano olives (my favorite part!) but I also add kale and sometimes avocado to make it more of a traditional salad. I top it with the Bolthouse Farms Cesar dressing - YUM!
    14. Watching: Kenny and I watched Swarm on Amazon Prime and it was weird but really good! It has American Horror Story vibes but isn't quite as weird, and just when you think you know where it's going, it takes a turn. We also just watched the new season of Only Murders in the Building - we started it back when it first came out but fell off for some reason! The last new thing we've been watching is Jury Duty on Amazon Prime, which is a documentary-style show that you'll love if you like Nathan Fielder shows - this is Kenny's and my favorite show we've seen in a WHILE - it is laugh out loud funny! We've also been watching Succession which is good but not my favorite show - I'm more into the humor than the actual plot. 😂 I also watched the 'Til Death do us Part special on Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker's wedding, but I thought it was pretty corny (and I'm a Kardashian stan!)

I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny and I went on a waterfall hike on Saturday and then had a dinner date that night at one of our very favorite restaurants - our favorite way to spend a Saturday!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments