An Outfit of Fall Favorites

Happy fallllll! Okay I know it's BEEN fall, but it's finally starting to truly FEEL like fall to me. I hate that in-between season when it's like 45° in the morning and 75° in the afternoon and you just don't know how to be. It makes dressing for work in the morning such a struggle!

Sweater | Similar vest | Similar skirt (more below) | Boots (33% off!) | Similar necklace

When in doubt of what to wear, I throw together an outfit with some of my favorite pieces, and that's exactly what this look is! Everything is a tried and true wardrobe staple that I've had and loved for years.

So today's skirt is my FAVORITE skirt for fall! I got it a few years ago and it was one of those things that I just had to have as soon as I saw it. Since then, I've worn it to fall festivities, Thanksgiving dinner, and the office countless times. It's so easy to style and it's a classic piece I don't see myself tiring of any time soon! Unfortunately it's no longer available, but there are lots of similar ones out each year, so scroll through the widget below to see my favorites! There are also a bunch for sale on Poshmark, it's from J.Crew if you're searching for it!


Next we'vr gotta talk about this sweater: it's the best of all time. In high school, I never would've EVER thought I would be wearing a turtleneck, but here I am, wearing a one almost every day when it's cold. This turtleneck isn't bulky so it's perfect for layering under a vest or jacket, it comes in a bunch of neutral colors (I have beige, black, navy, and camel), AND it's only $15! it washes well (I air dry it) and never gets pills on it. It's so carefree and I recommend it every year!

I can't believe that this vest isn't online yet! It's from Old Navy and they have them every fall/winter, so keep an eye out for them if you like it (I did find a similar one on Amazon here!) I don't really wear vests for warmth, more for fashion, so the inexpensive ones from Old Navy do the trick.

My next fall staple is this pair of boots! I get so much use out of my original short Hunters, even more so in situations like tromping through an apple orchard than in the rain. I got the "dark olive" color which is my very favorite, it's so versatile in the colder months, but also in the summer (see them styled for warm weather here!)

Normally when I go to the apple orchard, I pick a bunch of apples with a yummy dessert recipe in mind, but that wasn't the case this year! I DID make an apple cider cake though with cider from the orchard, which was super easy! I'm itching to make my favorite apple cinnamon rolls soon, too!

I can't believe we're almost to November! I've decided this year that Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday... even more so than Christmas! There's just less pressure than Christmas, but just as much good food and family time! My parents have hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house for my entire life, so that's been our most steadfast holiday tradition, whereas other holiday traditions have changed as we've grown up. I always make three pies (and now I make Kenny's favorite, corn pudding), and I've also started serving my parents and brother my signature poinsettia cocktail recipe on Thanksgiving morning while were getting everything ready for guests to comes over.

I hope you're having a great week!!

xoxx, Laura

No comments