September Favorites

Whoa, I have NO idea how it's already October BUT, here we are! October is always one of my favorite months though, so I'm looking forward to a fun time. Speaking of a fun time, let's talk September favorites!

  1. Egg chair: THIS CHAIR. I saw it in Target way back before corona as some employees were constricting it for a display, and sat down in it as soon it was done. I fell in LOVE, and lusted after it for months after. BUT, it's pricey for a chair. I would've never ever bought it for myself, but Kenny and my parents pooled resources and got it for me for my birthday and I absolutely love it. I sit out in it almost every evening after work and it's the BEST! My mom chose the emerald green color which I absolutely adore, but it also comes in ivory, coral, and a black and white herringbone pattern. I'm so attached to it and I hate when it even gets rained on, ha. It's definitely an investment for a piece of deck furniture, but I couldn't love it more.
  2. Custom photo swimsuit: If you're looking for something to spice up a bachelorette party or the perfect gag gift, you've GOT to get this swimsuit! I got it for my friend for her bachelorette party at the end of August, and it was so hilarious and such a hit! It's only $23 from Amazon and super easy to customize, you just upload a photo of the face you want on it and it turns out so well! It comes in a bunch of colors other than black, and the seller also has a BUNCH of different customizable products (you can put your pet's face on things, too!)
  3. Juliette Has A Gun "Not A Perfume Superdose:" I love the original Juliette Has A Gun "Not A Perfume," so I got a travel size of the "Superdose" version to try it out, and I like it even more! To me, it just smells like a stronger version of the original, but apparently it smells different to everyone. I've also heard that some people love one but don't love the other, but for me they're both great. They remind me of Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue, so if that's a favorite perfume of yours, I think you'd like one of the "Not A Perfume" fragrances, too.
  4. OPI "Schnapps Out Of It:" This may be my absolute favorite fall nail color, but unfortunately it has been discontinued! My salon still has it though, and I'm considering ordering my own backup bottle online. It's a beautiful rich orangey-brown neutral that's perfect for the autumn months.
  5. Pave hoop earrings: I've had my eye on these hoops for years and have gone through a couple of less expensive versions before finally getting these. They're not crazy expensive, $59 at full price, but I recommend trying to get them on sale since they're not real sterling silver. They look kind of cheap online in my opinion, but they're so shiny and sparkly in person. Even better than a regular hoop!
  6. e.l.f. lip balm: I'm picky about lip balms, so it's not often that I find a new one to recommend. I recently ordered this one along with another vegan balm to try out. The other one was a total fail, but I've been loving this e.l.f. one! It's thick when it comes out so it feels super moisturizing, but it softens up with the warmth from your skin and just melts into your lips. It stays on but isn't sticky, and comes in four colors/flavors. I originally got the mint because it's clear, but I went back for the berry one a few days later, and that one has a beautiful pink tint and smells like gushers!
  7. Straight jeans: I've spoken about my love for Old Navy Power Slim Straight jeans before, but this pair is new to me and I think they're my favorite yet. They're the best classic straight jeans with no stretch, a slightly relaxed fit, and the perfect silhouette. I highly recommend these, especially for the price!
  8. Love Island US: Back at the beginning of quarantine, my friend got me into Love Island, and now I'm fully on board, I was bummed when the new US season wasn't able to happen back in May because of the virus, but I was delighted to find out that it was starting at the end of August! In my opinion, this season hasn't been quite as entertaining as the first US season, but I've still enjoyed it, and Kenny got into it too! We rarely keep up with shows on TV while they're current, so it's been fun to be able to watch in real time and vote on things in the Love Island app.
  9. Planta app: I saw this on one of my Instagram friend Katerina's stories and downloaded it right away. I've always been pretty good at remembering to water my plants, but as I've accumulated more plants in different places (house, office, porch) I thought I could always use a reminder. Basically you tell the app what type of plant you have, where it's located, how much light it gets, and what type of pot it's in, and it sends you notifications on when to water each one and how to know how much to water. You can snooze or skip waterings if plants are still hydrated, and it gives you tips on how to know when your plant needs more water. There's a premium version that gives you more information about fertilizing and things like that, but I've stuck with the free one.
  10. Signet ring: I've wanted a classic signet pinky ring forever, but I've never been able to find one that fit my teeny little pinky! My mom got me this one for my birthday, and it comes in pretty much ALL ring sizes, so she was able to get a tiny one for my pinky. It's very delicate, and frankly, a little fragile, but I love the engraving style of the initial and the style of it.


I hope you have a great weekend! I'm off to the beach tomorrow, so I'm expecting this weekend to be PARTICULARLY great!

xoxx, Laura

No comments