16 Fall Date Ideas

For Kenny and me, fall is our favorite time together! We always have the best time, and our weekends are always packed with fun activities, so I wanted to share some of our favorites (along with some that are on my bucket list this year!) Thankfully, most of our favorite fall activities are social distancing-friendly, so we'll still be able to participate in them.

  1. Visit an apple orchard: This might be my very favorite thing to do in the fall! A local orchard and cidery here always has a apple harvest festival, and this year they're having it every weekend in October instead of just one. Score! I love walking down the rows of trees and hand-picking apples to bake into something yummy.
  2. Visit a brewery or winery: Bonus points for packing a cute little snack spread together! I'm a winery type of gal, and even though Kenny doesn't drink, we always have fun going to vineyards together, snacking on some cheese, and relaxing!
  3. Bake a fun fall recipe together: Usually I'm the one doing the baking and Kenny serves as quality control, but baking is always fun! Plus, it makes your house smell amazing. One of my favorite fall recipes is this one for apple cinnamon rolls. If you want something a little less labor intensive, this apple crisp recipe is super easy, only 6 ingredients, and is always a crowd-pleaser.
  4. Put out decorations together: It's always more fun to decorate together, plus it's nice to have an extra set of hands (and eyes!) while you're putting everything together.
  5. Pick out fall candles: I'm a candle fiend (see all my fall favorites from Bath & Body Works here!) and I've slowly gotten Kenny into helping me pick out new scents. He's somewhat of a candle guy now, and it's so cute to come home to him having lit a candle sometimes!
  6. Visit a pumpkin patch: This is a classic fall date, who doesn't love perusing the pumpkin patch looking for that perfect pumpkin? It's the more the merrier when it comes to pumpkins if you're asking me, so load up that wagon and cover your porch in whimsical gourds!
  7. Take a hike: One of the best ways to take in the fall scenery is to go on a hike. If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, then it's the prime place to see the leaves when they're at their peak (check the foliage prediction map here). Browse a hike map together and pick one with a great view!
  8. Watch a new scary movie: Or, an old favorite! There are SO many horror movies out there, and a lot of them suck, which can be either good or bad, depending on what you're looking for.😂 An underrated new-ish one in my opinion is "It Follows." It's not corny and it has such a creepy concept!
  9. Mountain weekend getaway: If you're missing traveling with your man/woman and itching for a weekend away, book a cabin or Airbnb in the mountains! The Smoky Mountains are always a great option, and I've been dying to visit Blowing Rock and the North Carolina Highlands. There are also a lot of beautiful tree house rentals popping up too, which sounds like so much fun.
  10. Carve pumpkins: If you have a creative side, patience, and a stocked first-aid kit (🔪), carve some pumpkins together! I always love when we keep our designs a secret and then reveal them to each other when we're both done.
  11. Drive to an overlook to see the sunset: This is one of my favorite things to do in the summertime, but it's no less beautiful during fall! Pick a partly cloudy day - sunsets are always better with some cloud cover to reflect off of!
  12. Go to a drive-in theater: This is always fun, but especially when most traditional theaters are closed! Pack blankets and some snacks and go see a classic movie. If you live in Virginia, Hull's Drive-In in Lexington is Kenny's and my favorite!
  13. DIY Halloween costumes together: I grew up making my own Halloween costumes (or employing my mom to), so I've loved having Kenny to dress up with me! Luckily he's a good sport and lets me do whatever I want and enjoys it, or at least pretends to. 😂 Last year we were newly married for Halloween, so we dressed as a dead bride and groom! It was the first "scary" costume I've ever done, and it was so much fun! Check out Pinterest for inspiration.
  14. Visit a farmers market: I love visiting local farmers markets, and they're so much fun in the fall! Grab a coffee together and head out to browse all of the apples, gourds, mums, and baked goods your hearts desire, all while getting some fresh air and supporting local vendors!
  15. Corn maze: Kenny and I fancy ourselves corn maze experts, we've always found our way out of the ones we've attempted. One time, the guy manning the gate to a maze told us that the maze was the true test of a relationship, and we'd either come out stronger or broken up. 😂 LUCKILY we found our way out alive and relationship intact.
  16. Bonfire: This is something I don't get the chance to do as often as I'd like, I LOVE a good bonfire! Cozy up in your favorite sweaters or flannels, grab some blankets and some drinks and have some friends over for a catch-up around the fire.

What's your favorite fall date activity? Let me know what I need to add to my list! If you want to save this list for later, here's a Pin-able image!

P.S. If you're reading this on October 5th, then it's our first anniversary! It's been quite the year but has truly flown by, and I can truly say that being married is much more fun than the whirlwind of wedding planning. 😂 Here's just a PINCH of wedding fun to celebrate:



 

xoxx, Laura

No comments