Weekend Recap + Sojos Glasses

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was really fun! On Friday, Kenny and I finally got a chance to see "Us" in theaters which was really freaky and we both really enjoyed. Also, I ate the majority of a large popcorn, which is one of my vices in life.

On Saturday, we went to the JMU spring football game because Kenny was invited to a suite with the company he works for. They were giving away a $20,000 prize to a local business, so during the game we all went down onto the field and they announced the winner, which was so cool!


I didn't think I'd be going onto the field since I don't work for the company, but they invited us all down! I also got to catch up with an old church friend whose fiancé works with Kenny come to find out, so that was really nice!


On Saturday night, Kenny and I had a date at one of our favorite Lexington restaurants, Taps. They have the BEST homemade red wine ketchup, which is basically 50% of the reason we go, ha! We were going to go see another movie, but decided to stay for one more drink instead and just talk, which I enjoyed even more.


Sunday, Kenny went home to spend some time with his mom and watch Game of Thrones at his sister's house (do you watch? I don't and I find all the hype annoying since I have nothing to do with it, ha!) I kept it low key and spent some time doing some wedding planning and running around town with a friend. It was pretty nasty out for most of the day, but I finally worked up the motivation to go to the grocery store in the rain. The grocery store near my house is undergoing renovations, so I wasn't able to get everything I needed, but I DID get the ingredients for guacamole, which surprisingly I've never made homemade before! It was really good, and I definitely want more.

So flashback to last week, something so exciting happened... I received my first gifted products from a brand!

Sojos is a brand that I've supported for about a year now. I first discovered them last spring when I was on the hunt for a dupe for the Ray-Ban hexagonal sunglasses. I wasn't sure how they'd suit me so I didn't want to splurge on the real deal, so that's how I found this pair from Sojos while browsing Amazon. For only $10, they were a must-order. Plus, they're Prime eligible and offer free returns, so there's nothing to lose.



When they came in, I was SO pleased with the quality! I've owned Ray-Ban aviators in the past, and the quality of the Sojos sunglasses rivaled the $150 Ray-Ban pair.

They came packaged nicely in a box with a drawstring case and lens cleaning cloth. What's more, they're polarized, which my $150 Ray-Bans were not!

I would order those glasses again and again, and recommended them to my friend who got a pair too.

Then last week, Sojos reached out to me and asked if they could send me two pairs of sunglasses from their new collection. I get a lot of random requests from brands to send me things, but I always ignore them because they're usually brands I've never heard of. But when Sojos contacted me offering to send some glasses, I couldn't say yes fast enough! They let me choose which styles and colors I wanted, so I chose this style in brown tortoiseshell, and this style in green and gold.

They were on my doorstep before I knew it, and the quality is just as impressive as the pair I originally ordered last year.

The tortoiseshell pair are seriously the most lightweight and comfortable sunglasses I've ever had. I swear by my Ceine Tildas, they're my favorite sunglasses of all time, but they're quite heavy and large and require a lot of pushing back up throughout the day. This pair is the complete opposite! You can barely feel them on your face, and they don't have the nose pieces that get stuck in your hair (you know the type). Plus, they're polarized and come with the case and cleaning cloth like the first pair I ordered. This pair gets a 10/10 from me!



The aviators are also amazing, and I think they're a great dupe for the Ray-Ban Blaze aviators. The quality is just as good as the others, and of course they're polarized and come with the case and cleaning cloth.



All of the styles that Sojos offers come in several different colors, so there's something for everyone. They offer men's and women's frames, although a lot of them are unisex. I have my eye on this pair of square aviators, how cool?!

After I got the sunglasses, they offered to send me a pair of their new blue light glasses. I chose this pair in black! They came packaged even BETTER than the sunglasses, with a super nice hard case, cleaning cloth, and even a little glasses repair kit!


I haven't had a chance to put them to the test yet, but based on the reviews and my love for their sunglasses, I don't think I'll be disappointed. 

They also offer scarves, which I don't have experience with but based on the quality of their sunglasses, I'm sure they're just as amazing.

Their customer service is very accommodating, and I highly recommend their glasses. Don't just take my word for it, they also have hundreds to thousands of great reviews!

I hope you have a great week! It's chillier in Virginia today than it has been, but it's supposed to hit the 70's this week so that should be nice.

xoxx, Laura

No comments