This post contains commissionable links.
How fast did August fly by?? I always say this, but the *soft launch* to fall that September brings is always bittersweet. I LOVE fall, but I love summer more than anything, and it always hurts me when it starts to fade away! It's going to be in the 90's all week this week though, so summer is still very much alive and well. I skipped July's favorites post because I didn't have a ton of things to share, but I'm BACK this month and I already have some good contenders for September as well...
- Nest Ocean Mist and Coconut Water: This is such a great summer home fragrance. They used to have a perfume of it too which has since been discontinued! It's warm and coconutty, but in a fresh way, not a sweet way.
- OPI "My Chihuahua Bites" and "Let's Be Friends": These were my two nail colors over the past couple of months and they're both favorites! "My Chihuahua Bites" is very similar to "Cajun Shrimp," which is one of my all-time favorites. I had never tried "Let's Be Friends" before despite how popular it is - it's the perfect BARELY pink white.
- Cerave Invisible Mineral Sunscreen: I'm always on the lookout for a good mineral face sunscreen, and this one is my favorite one I've found in a long time! It's invisible and a nice fluid texture, not thick and pasty like many other mineral sunscreens. I also like component it comes in. I've been wearing it daily mixed with the La Roshe-Posay Anthelios tinted mineral sunscreen for a little color.
- J.Crew Rollneck Sweater: This sweater has been on my wish list forever and I recently the "lavender sky" color, which is really a light blue. I've been wearing it around the house in place of a sweatshirt and I look forward to wearing it more this fall and winter! You can't beat a classic cotton rollneck. It's slightly cropped nad the sleeves are wide and slightly short. I got the XS after seeing reviews recommend sizing down, and it still has a nice relaxed fit.
- Rita's: A Rita's recently opened near me, and my friend told me that they had great frozen custard - she was right! Kenny and I have been loving Rita's this summer, my favorite Friday activity has become grabbing a treat and taking it to watch the sunset.
- Lands End Linen Set (shirt, shorts): I have been living in linen sets all summer, and this one has been a favorite. The shirt is very oversized and long, I recommend sizing down at least one size. I sized down to an XS in the shorts too and they're less oversized but you can still size down. They have a great length and I like the drawstring waist.
- Plackers Flossers: This is a bit of a silly one, but after suffering through two other horrible flosser varieties (from major brands!) when I couldn't find my tried-and-true flossers in stock, it proved that this is the best brand out there!
- Target Tank Top: Apparently I'm not the only millenial still married to her emotional support cami. 😂 I've recently gotten rid of a couple of my worn out ones, and I replaced them with this one. The beige shade is a bit gray-ish in person, but good for layering underneath things. Plus it's 96% cotton and under $10!
- Kirkland Dried Pineapple: I was so thrilled when I spotted these during my last Costco trip! It's so hard to find good dried pineapple with no sugar added - Trader Joe's has some that I love but I haven't been able to find it lately. This is so sweet and soft and tastes way better than the sugared kind!
- Watching: Lots of good shows to recommend! Kenny and I wached The Lowdown which is a comedic murder mystery and has Tim Blake Nelson, whom I love. Three great comedies we watched were The Hawk (Will Ferrell!), season one of Nirvana The Band The Show (SO funny and unique), and season three of Tires (my favorite season yet!) I also loved The Five Star Weekend - I heard some lukewarm reviews about it, but I read the book and thought it was great and I loved the actors. I'm a little confused where they plan on taking it for season two, though.
xoxx, Laura

No comments