What to Pack for a Fall Getaway

This post contains commissionable links.

Image via


Happy Friday! As you read this, Kenny and I are headed to Tennessee for a little fall getaway to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary and Kenny's 30th birthday! I was very excited to pack for a fall trip, although the forecast is showing temperatures significantly warmer than we've been having in Virginia for the past several weeks. 😂 I'm talking in the mid-80s! So, while this packing list might leave me feeling overdressed, I'm too excited to dress for fall to go back to the drawing board with my packing list! I don't plan on packing ALL of these outfits since we'll only be gone a few days, but once I got started putting them together I couldn't stop, so I figured I'd include them all because they all match the vibe I'm packing for! 

TRAVEL


This is the outfit I'm wearing to travel today. It's comfy and cute, and I will probably wear it for the drive home as well. This tennis dress is super comfy and I like that it's long sleeved. I wear these bike shorts underneath. These sneakers are my all-time favorites, I have them in several different colorways but the white are my most worn. My husband loves them too and has several pairs of his own! 

WINERY OR BREWERY


How gorgeous is this plaid cape?! It's been on my wish list for years and I snagged it for a deal recently, so I'm excited to break it out - it would be the perfect piece to wear lounging in an Adirondack chair at a winery. I plan on layering it over my favorite slim-fitting turtleneck

LUNCH DATE


This Ralph Lauren-inspired look would look good on women of any age, and I love the western vibes that the 
boots and belt contribute. I envision this cashmere sweater tied around the shoulders for a chic layer! 


HIKING


We are hoping to do as many hikes as we can while on our trip - Kenny and I have visited Tennessee a few times together but have never done a hike, so we look forward to exploring the Smokies! These hiking boots are a MUST - super comfortable and waterproof, my husband has the same ones! I also swear by this sweater fleece - I have two, and I have gotten one for everyone in my family as gifts over the years (it's available in men's too). 

EXPLORING DOWNTOWN


I've been loving the denim midi skirt trend over the last couple of years, and I'm always looking for a new way to style mine. I love it with this cashmere sweater and autumnal accessories including cowboy boots, a chunky gold necklace, and my favorite belt

BONFIRE


What's more autumnal Americana than a cozy bonfire?? To match that vibe, I would wear this preppy look comprised of classics from the flag sweater down to the Bean boots
SHOPPING


Y'all know I cannot get enough chocolate brown this time of year! This wear-anywhere sweater is delicious, and I also love this one in the same shade. These jeans have been my absolute favorites over the past year - I'm hoping they come out in a darker wash sometime soon! I don't wear jeans very often, so I've enjoyed coming up with styling ideas for them for this trip.

CASUAL DINNER



Last but not least, a casual dinner outfit featuring a simple, cozy sweater dress. I love layering a button up shirt underneath a sweater dress, and this Stewart plaid flannel adds the perfect laid-back touch. 


I hope you have a great weekend! Do you have any fall plans coming up? Let me know! I look forward to recapping you on what we get into during our trip - hopefully that will be up next week when we get back!


xoxx, Laura

No comments