September Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


Happy October! October has been one of my favorite months ever since Kenny and I got together. Our anniversary is this month as well as his birthday, and we always have a packed social calendar! We have a little weekend getaway to the Smoky Mountains coming up, football games, a trip to Busch Gardens with friends, and as many hikes as we can possibly fit in! 

    1. Harvest bloom apron: Williams Sonoma aprons are my favorites, and I'm a little crazy about this one. 😂 I wanted it the past two or three years and tried to wait for it to go on sale, but it always sold out before then! I told myself that I wouldn't wait this year, but then I was afraid they weren't bringing it back! I saw it pop up a few days ago and hit order so  fast! While I haven't gotten it in yet, I can vouch for the quality because I own several other aprons in the same style, and I know from experience that you have to snap up this pattern before it's gone for the season!
      1. OPI "Aurora Berry-alis": I opted for this nail color at my last appointment as an alternative to another favorite, "Just Lanai-ing Around," and I may like this one even more. 😍 It's the perfect creamy mauvey rose. 
      2. Sand + Fog Black Currant candle: I picked this candle up at T.J.Maxx and it smells very similar to Diptyque Baies. I LOVE black currant, I am on the hunt for a perfume that features it as a primary note. 
      3. Inslee Fariss desk calendar: The 2025 Inslee calendars are out! This will be my third calendar of hers (I put a very pointed wish in to Santa - they make a GREAT gift!), and I think this may be my favorite of her designs yet. 😍 All of the calendars are the same, but can pick which box design it comes in. The boxes are are works of art in and of themselves, they're all so gorgeous it's impossible to pick a favorite!
      4. Milani lipstick in "Teddy Bare": This is a great deep nude shade at a great price. It smells like watermelon, I've never had a lipstick that smelled fruity before! 
      5. Powersoft yoga pants: These became a favorite of mine last year, and I just broke them out again for the season. I got a brown pair this year that I'm excited to wear! 
      6. Bev hats: My mom and I discovered these when we were on our Cape Charles trip this summer, and I had to get some! They're perfect for keeping bugs and debris out of your glass - whenever we have wine outside at my parents' house we sit under a big maple tree, and we've gotten leaves and twigs in our glasses more than once. 😂
      7. Collared sweater: I love collared sweaters, and this one is 10/10 - it's soft but substantial and doesn't feel like it will pill or pull since it's a nice cotton blend. It's true to size, but you could size up for a boxier fit - I compared the small and the medium and the only difference in size was the torso width. It's also under $50 full price (but you can usually find it on sale) and it comes in 5 colors. 
      8. Small Boat and Tote: L.L.Bean Boat and Totes are classics, I bet many of you already own one! I have an extra large zip-top one that I love and makes the best beach bag, and my parents got me this adorable small one for my birthday. It's affordable and makes great gift!
      9. Cashmere sweater: This is a gorgeous simple cashmere sweater at a great price. I love the oatmeal color, but it comes in 12 other colors. I would definitely recommend sizing up if you don't want a super slim fit - I got the medium and it's still very slim-fitting. 
      10. National Park annual pass: Living near the Shenandoah National Park, Kenny and I get a lot of use out of our annual park pass. If you're local to a National Park, I highly recommend an annual pass! The SNP one pays for itself in just two visits, and we go many times a year, especially in the fall and spring. 
      11. Watching: I've seen a lot of good shows this month! I unapologetically LOVED The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives and all of their silly drama. Kenny and I really enjoyed the Into the Fire documentary on Netflix, and Chimp Crazy on Max. We just started English Teacher on Hulu at my friend's recommendation and we are loving that too so far! The last watch I want to call out is a crazy one... Kenny and I saw The Substance over the weekend and that may have been the most insane thing I've ever watched. I won't say much about it because I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I do recommend it even though it is A LOT. Look up a synopsis to see if it appeals to you, and know that there are a lot of needles and gore if you don't like movies like that. 

    I hope you're having a great week! I'll be back on Friday with a "what I packed" post before I head out on a fun fall trip! 

    xoxx,  Laura

    No comments