Cowboy Caviar Recipe 🤠



Hello hello! Today I am sharing one of my go-to recipes to bring to summer gatherings - cowboy caviar! Chances are you've seen recipes for cowboy caviar floating around, but this is my personal favorite rendition. It's the perfect summer recipe because it's fresh and healthy, uses lots of in-season produce, and doesn't require any cooking. This makes a great appetizer served with chips, or side dish served as a bean salad. I even enjoy it as a light lunch - it would be great with grilled chicken, fish, or even shrimp!

Salad Ingredients:

  • 1 red bell pepper, diced small 
  • 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced small 
  • 2 jalapeños, diced small
  • 1/2 red onion, diced small 
  • 1 can corn, drained (or 1 1/2 cups fresh) 
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • Black olives, chopped (I do about 1 cup)
  • Cilantro, roughly chopped, to taste (I do about half a bunch of cilantro, omit if desired)
  • 5oz crumbled feta 


Dressing Ingredients:

  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 2 T white wine vinegar 
  • 2 T hot honey (or regular honey, or agave syrup)
  • 1-2 T taco seasoning (I use salt-free so I can control the salt level)
  • 2 T lime juice (1-2 limes) 
  • Salt and pepper, to taste 


To Serve: 

  • Avocado, diced, to top (optional - I only do this per-serving so that it doesn't get brown) 
  • Tortilla chips, to serve


Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, mix all of the salad ingredients together.
  2. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients. 
  3. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well. 
  4. Serve with chips or on its own as a side!


I highly encourage you to bring this to your next cookout! It's always a crowd-pleaser, and if you like chopping like me (it's meditative! 😂) then you'll enjoy making it, too.

xoxx, Laura

No comments